It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Friends experience (Im usually a reader not a writer)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey everyone... I've been a loyal reader of this forum for a long time and just recently decided to go ahead and et a membership.. I love how genuine you all are and how open everyone is to odd situations.. so heres my story..

Last night a friend and i were exchanging ghost stories (i've seen alot of weird things in my day) well anyway.. I tell her a few of my experiences and then it comes to her turn... she got really shy and embarrassed and told me what she had to say was so odd she feared it would make me think she's lying... But im super open to anything and i convinced her its really hard to make me a skeptic... So she tells me what happened (and know this...she's not one to make things up or straight out lie..)

Shes 19 now so she was about 17 or 18 when this happened.. she said one night she had a weird dream... in this dream she felt something on her neck (she felt it in her dream) and instantly woke up and she still felt something brush against her neck...and heard heavy breathing in her ear (her eyes never opened out of fear) when she opened her eyes directly in her face was a being (humanoid) that looked like a feline ...and very evil with its presence it seemed to enjoy her fear... she stayed still and closed her eyes again... she could still feel it near her face... she eventually fell back asleep (the creature never moved..she fell asleep with it in her face)..

That was the first of three visits from this thing. the second was a bit different.. She wakes up (this wasn't like the next night it was awhile after the first experience) and this being is standing across the room laughing and kind of snarling..she said she was scared but tried not to show it and the being kinda paced back and forth looking at her... she said it seemed angry at her lack of expression.. she closed her eyes (still absolutely frightened) and fell back asleep...

The third encounter was the weirdest she wakes up to find this creature against her far wall shivering in fear... almost afraid of her... and she went back to bed and never saw this thing again

now she swears it was real... she is 100% she wasn't in that half awake state..and she is completely convinced it wasn't just her imagination..

The thing i noticed is it only appeared in her room after she woke up.. it was never just there when she walked in or anything...only right after she woke up... i dont know...shes a very trustworthy person and she wouldnt just make things up...and ive never heard her so serious and scared sounding like this in our entire friendship...

So...im hoping maybe someone has some insight.. scientifically or anything.. or maybe this happens to others?.. maybe this cat like humanoid is real.. all i know is after hearing that story and how positive she sounded about how real it was...i had trouble sleeping... haha

thanks for reading everyone im looking forward to your responses...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
really interesting story but could it be night terrors. a common theme amongst these type of accounts is that the person falls back asleep, I dont think that is normal behavior how could you fall back asleep. I woke up with a spider on my chest once after having a damn near heart attack and brushing it off i couldnt get back to sleep my adrenaline had kicked in. Now if a woke up to see what your friend had seen i probably wouldnt sleep for a month.

The thing is night terrors can seem very real and are scary ive had similar but ive not seen anyone, ive just been awake but my body was still in some sort of sleep paralysis and i panicked slightly until i could move and my mind ran riot in the process thinking all sorts of things like what if an axe murderer is behind me.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Thats one of the things i tried to explain to her...but she said she could move...she was just afraid to.. It is odd that she could fall back asleep..ill let her know what you said.. thanks much for the reply..

I know her well and she will refuse to believe this...but like i said this is one thing i believe it couldve been as well..

Thanks again!!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree with R-evolve. I find it odd that she could get back to sleep, especially when it was in her face. I can only imagine how much adrenaline was flooding though her.

Still, i'm eager to hear what she has to say about it. this is quite interesting. Did it not try to communicate in any way?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah I find it very odd that she went back to sleep again too (assuming she was ever fully awake). The one time I felt "something" (it was physical) the adrenaline gushed and the hair stood up on the back of my neck.

It is almost unimaginable to have this "scary thing" literally breathing in your face, on top of you, and just decide to nod back off to sleep.

Though it almost sounds like an Incubus. Hmmm. Since it apparently wasn't so scary after the first time maybe she should have...well...nevermind... I don't want to be bashed or lectured by the board fundamentalists.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Sonya610]

top topics

join