It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bedroll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A humble topic amidst all the dramatic, but I'm sure any of you belonging here know how important it is to have a few hours of decent sleep somewhere, somehow, on something not hard or lumpy.
I've tried this and seems to work well: Get a big contractors trashbag and fill it full of those little plastic shopping bags used all over for groceries and such. Get the trashbag thick and full and is great to lay on.
Also you can squeeze some air out and roll it up like a bedroll to carry and weighs less than 5 lbs. Fluff it out and let air in again when you roll it out to lay on. Make another smaller one for a pillow if you want, or if you're tall.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
another great thread about a seldom thought of tool. starred and flagged. well its not the greatest way In my opinion. the supplies are found every ware and it will make you more comfortable. comfort will help to keep you alive.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow thought there would be more interest in this seldom considered Survival tool. Its pretty simple the ground robs your body of heat. cold will kill you. this is a cheap way of staying alive. Atleast flag this thread folks so more people will see it and be reminded of the simple things.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Agreed A.A.. Definitely NOT a humble topic.

I don't carry one coz their a little bulky but set up your basha on a thistle and you'll wish you did

Since you'd be spending a lot of time sleeping to conserve energy in a life or death emergency.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^.
Editted.. See what happens when you skim-read

I saw bedroll and assumed a 'bought' one..then repeated just what you posted..

DUH!! on me..Great minds think alike though..

[edit on 30-5-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Top Top idea Skylynx mate!

One that i had never thought about?
Soemtimes we can easily overlook the skills & resources that are staring us in the eyes.

Going camping next weekend and will try it out , will let you know how it is!

TOP FIND SKYLYNX!

top topics

join