It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: 4 Suspicious Divers, Terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The Hawaii Channel is reporting another suspicious diver in their waters. The unauthorized diver was spotted about 10:23 p.m. near the Coast Guard Cutter Kukui. This is the Fourth report of suspicious activity around US coastal waters. One in upstate New York, one in Honolulu Harbor, and one in Hollywood, Florida.

The Hawaii Channel

"A man in a black diving suit come out from that area, like coming up off the shoreline, walk by that bathroom, cut across, and going towards the waterline," Laurie Johansen said. "He had some kind of a box in left hand, or right hand, cause he was facing this way."

"You could tell he was slowing down looking around, but he had one of those masks across his face, so you couldn't see his face and he had the gear over his head already, completely in black with gloves," Johansen said.

Case of mistaken identity, or Imminent threat?

Audiotapes purported to be from Usama bin Laden's top lieutenant Ayman al-Zawahri aired on Arabic TV stations Tuesday Feb. 24th, taunting President Bush and threatening more attacks on the United States.

An image captured from a Jihad website depicts Osama Bin Laden with waht appears to be a diver in the background.

There have been discussions on ATS about threats from Al-Qaeda becoming the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". This one seems like not that many people are paying attention to. It seems like the possibility of another attack is inevitable, but, with all the many warnings coming off the internet, nothing has happened.

My Question is, " Why in Two and a half years has nothing happened?" For a group that is to be so dangerous, its sounding more like to me that some form of the US government could be behind it.

Related ATSNN News
Bin Laden on the Move
CIA had the name and phone number of 9/11 Hijacker since 1999
US warned of al-Qaida attacks
US Nuclear Facilities Flunk Security Tests
Is the stage being set?

Related ATS Discussions
Here we go...... yet again
Time Is Running Out for Osama, U.S. Military Says
Terror level rise imminent? Are we going code orange for real this time?
Nukes in U.S. already???
Did Bush terrorize his own people?

Related News Links
Diver Sighting Prompts Massive Search
Scuba Diver Found Dead in Hudson River
NIN
Police seek public's help to ID diver

UPDATE

This composite was made during the autopsy of the unidentified man; he is described as a white male, 5'7" tall, 160 pounds, with gold, double loop earrings in each ear. He also has two tattoos on his left chest and shoulder (one is a cross with the initials "C.M.M" and the other is of an angel with yellow hair). The man was wearing a mask and scuba gear when pulled from the icy Hudson River.
NEIN
Why has there been no follow-ups to these reports? Is it a matter of National Security or mistaken identity?
As well, the NEIN is wondering why there have been no follow-ups to these suspicious divers. They are reporting only 3 divers, however there were 2 in Hawaii, 1 in NY, and 1 in Fl.

New Terror Analysis Link:
Terrorist Infiltration in Israel Confirms use of Divers

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Okay, that's too many.

And I sure wonder what that black box is, don't you?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder if those guys can swim.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There was also diver with no ID and no boat or car left onshore reported found dead in Hollywood, Florida.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Osama needs a big bang to keep his money coming. I am not sure a small bomb on a boat would be the kind of thing that Osama would bankroll. He is into big booms and shock effect. Perhaps if the diver was part of setting up small explosions on a power grid or other infrastructure related item and planned to detonate them all at the same time. That may produce the kind of bang that he is looking for.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
There was also diver with no ID and no boat or car left onshore reported found dead in Hollywood, Florida.

Good lookin out!!! I forgot about that one, so it brings it to 4

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

My Question is, " Why in Two and a half years has nothing happened?" For a group that is to be so dangerous, its sounding more like to me that some form of the US government could be behind it.

A very good point!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What nationality was the dead diver? I don't believe I ever saw any information about that published.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You know I can't find a link to a newspaper anywhere that has that story except one back in 2002.

www.google.com...

NOT counting ATSNN, and the Northeast Intel Network

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

You know I can't find a link to a newspaper anywhere that has that story except one back in 2002.

www.google.com...

NOT counting ATSNN, and the Northeast Intel Network

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by NetStorm]

check under related news links, police seek publics help....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
TrickmastertricK......

Good day.......I am very interested in the source of the above picture, the website if available, would be awesome.

Much Appreciated!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOHA1790
TrickmastertricK......

Good day.......I am very interested in the source of the above picture, the website if available, would be awesome.

Much Appreciated!!!!

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha

A very good point!

Yeah, a good point if you think this because the US govt has been kicking al quada's ass and that's the reason they haven't mounted an attack, not because "the govt" is behind it.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPT Lurker

Originally posted by sugeshotcha

A very good point!

Yeah, a good point if you think this because the US govt has been kicking al quada's ass and that's the reason they haven't mounted an attack, not because "the govt" is behind it.

Why then have we not heard on any attacks that were stopped in their tracks, especially ones that the public is made aware of? I think it would be very beneficial for GW's administration to point it out, espicially in election year. Don't you?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

A very good point!

Why then have we not heard on any attacks that were stopped in their tracks, especially ones that the public is made aware of? I think it would be very beneficial for GW's administration to point it out, espicially in election year. Don't you?

We don't live in a "movie" world, we don't stop attacks while they are in the cockpit, while the bomb is still ticking, or while the bad guys are loading their guns in the mall parking lot, that is for books and movies. Most future attacks are stopped well in advance and if we talked about it we would by default disclose our methods of gathering intell on them.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Also, remember New years 2000? We did stop some attacks in the advanced stages and it was reported.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Considering the Story from Valhall, I have updated this story. There still is not an answer or followup to these situations. As in Val's Report, this is a likely threat.

top topics

join