It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpol: Chavez Supports Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Interpol: Chavez Supports Terrorists

onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com

The Colombians have made the argument for months and many within the U.S. Government both here and abroad have told me the same thing …. Hugo Chavez is working with FARC, a known terrorist organization.

Now INTERPOL has analyzed computers found during the Ecuadorean raid, they have concluded that Chavez and his leadership is doing just what our allies have claimed. We reported on this computer find from Bogota’ and on the tensions between Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela about 6 weeks ago and now this determination places blame directly on Chavez. I have been getting e-mails from contacts inside Venezuela claiming this same connection and believe it or not, some of these folks are desperate for the world to take notice of their opposition to their leader and even hope (in some cases) that the United States will list Venezuela as a ‘State Sponsor of Terrorism’.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
FARC is the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, an internationally recognized terrorist organization. Chavez has given them money, arms, and safe haven in Venezuela. Therefore, Venezuela should be considered a sponsor of terrorism.

onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Where is the official press release? I would prefer to read the original rather than a regurgitated blogivized version.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Isn't there a video with Aaron Russo where he states one of the rockafellas told him about Iraq, Afghanistan, and 9/11 before it happening. Then the last thing he mentions that they're gonna go after Chavez, and now look what happens.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I came across this piece this morning.

www.venezuelanalysis.com...

According to the article, with quotes from the report, Interpol seems to be questioning the authenticity of the data on the laptops and flashdrives and the improper handling and securing of IT systems.

Reminds me of the recovered Iraqi / Al Qaida and Iranian laptops too.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hugo Chavez may support terrorists...but the United States is one of the leading terrorist states in the world, if not THE LEADING terrorist state committing terrible crimes against other countries and peoples as well. Our government also supports terrorist organizations and that is fact. Of course, the U.S. will never be tried for it's crimes against other countries like Iraq, Iran, Ecuador, Nicaragua, etc.... I'm sure we'll be invading Venezuala soon as well since that is our specialty.

Cheers,

Purduegrad05

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
HAHAHA, you post a foxnews blog post, as if their regular articles aren't inaccurate enough.

The official report (it's on their website, anyone can read it) states that they do NOT verify the source nor the accuracy of the files because it is outside the scope of their project.

Do you want to know what the investigation was. I'll explain (based on the report).

First, Colombian hands them a bunch of files *they* say are from FARC.
Interpol is brought in to see how much data there is and what type of data it is (documents, media files, etc).
Finally, Interpol reveals 3 things.

1) How much data there was + what kind of data types they were.. however they did not analyze the content as they said it would take 1000 years at 100 pages a day. And it was outside the scope of their investigation

2) They confirm that the data was accessed between March 1-3 which violated international principles on handling electronic data, but they say the documents were not modified.

3) They make recommendations on how to handle electronic evidence in the future.

Nothing in the report mentions Chavez nor any actual information about the content of the files because that was not what they were hired to do.

So by the end of it all, Interpol makes no mention of Chavez in their report. Since the files were accessed between Mar 1-3, they can't say for sure that it was tampered with.. they even admit it would be hard to use as evidence in a court of law. And finally, we don't even know if those files came from FARC because Interpol's investigation did not involve verifying the source.

Why the # do people post Fox News articles?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well its obvious what this is about when you look at the big picture. The fact is that they still don't have a central bank owned by zionists. Just like Iran. Just like Syria. Just like N Korea. hmmm...wonder what this terrorism stuff is really all about?

join