It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHo You WIsh You Were

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
this isnt a short story, but its related, so there!

have any of you ever created or fallen in love with a character who was who you wish you were (not like superman and shtuff)

like, who you are exactly but with one little difference, they do one thing you cant do, or something.....

and then ocne youre done you realize youve jsut written an autobiography. and everything that happens to the character ends up happening to you.....

is this like predicting your future without realizing it?!?!?!??!!?
ahhh!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Um...not really about the predicting the future thing, but I seem to have a lot of qualities with Aragorn (Strider) from the LOTR series
The whole leadership thing, clear head, etc..I like to think of myself as a natural leader with my colleagues, friends, family, etc

-wD

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
youre just like him?

MMMMMMMMMMM BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but the question isnt about like idolizing or liking certain characters, its about creating a character and realize its you, that wasnt very clear in my original post and im sorry

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
UMMMM BAAHHH? lol wtf?

Um..creating a character...sorry, can't help ya there.

(If you are talking about like writing a story, many famous writers base characters on their life, its nothing new...)

-wD

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i know that, but ...sorry im just being like MMMMBAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the sound a wild lion/chicken/scat wakes up and goes insane, then destroys the world

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not really I like myself and wouldnt trade my life for anyone elses scars and all

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Not really I like myself and wouldnt trade my life for anyone elses scars and all

thats so weird.......

i just wrote an autobiography like story about this cutter....whose scars are healed but still are visible....

thats crazy......

sorry, im stupid MMMBAHHH!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My own stories seem to end up having shades of m'self all over them, and I know exactly how you feel. You're writing a story, and suddenly the character has becoem you, or a lot like you.

Or, at least how you'd like to imagine yourself.

It's all over my stories...sorry, I have a problem with narccisism.

DE

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
this isnt a short story, but its related, so there!

have any of you ever created or fallen in love with a character who was who you wish you were (not like superman and shtuff)

like, who you are exactly but with one little difference, they do one thing you cant do, or something.....

kind of. I struggle all the time with finding where some of my characters start and I end. I don't want to have people read a story and think "oh, look. main character=MC fictionalized". it's a big reason why I don't write fanfic anymore; so many of them landed up being crappy self-insertion stories that it just wasn't worth the effort.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I use to take pride in how much people would compare me to Maverick in Top Gun, I was a very balsy, charasmatic, confidant, and boastful POS and it became my image with my old bomber jacket, motorcyle and the fact Im 5'9 with black hair. But then I realized you cant be someone who never really was.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'd wanna be Britany Spears for likea day she's a girl, and hot!

top topics

join