It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All You McCain Supporters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Would you vote for GWB to run for a 3rd term, if the option was available?

McCain Voted with the Bush Administration 89 Percent of the Time. Since President Bush took office, McCain has supported Bush’s positions 89 percent of the time. McCain’s support of Bush’s policies reached as high as 95 percent in 2007. [Congressional Quarterly Voting Study, 110th Congress]

SRC: www.aflcio.org...

That's right, it says 95%.

Who was it that defined 'insanity' as 'doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results'?

GWB has been the worst thing to happen to the US in recent years, he is destroying this country and everything this country stands for.

So, I ask again, would you vote for Bush for a 3rd term?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
BTW, I should probably mention that 95% was higher than any other person in the Senate.

McCain is more like Bush than anyone else.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
what's sad, is I already know two people who are voting for McCain and they don't care that it's like voting for Bush again. They can't vote democrat. It's against what they believe so they go for the republican even though it doesn't make sense.

::shakes head::

so sad.

Tela

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Yes, it is so, so sad.

Why are people not noticing how things, including parties, are changing?

There are some people who would seem to vote for Hitler if he was the running nominee for their party.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok, seriously, either:

1) McCain supporters are denying this too much to answer this question.

2) McCain supporters are too lazy to answer this question

3) Everyone who's looked at this thread is either a Obama supporter or a Hillary supporter (in which case, you need help)

4) Everyone who's seen this thread is voting for Ron Paul, in which case, your heart is in the right place, but your mind isn't. You'll be wasting a vote.

5) You'd rather spend your time bashing Obama than defending your decision of who to vote for.

So which is it? Plenty of anti-Obama threads out there, but nobody has the gaul to step up and answer this question?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If Obama is the nominee I will vote for McCain, that is if I feel like voting at all.

Hillary supporter (in which case, you need help)

Bigbert81, obviously you are an extremely excited and enthusiastic supporter of Obama, you and the MSM, but not all of us Democrats are. What supporters such as yourself are doing with your snide comments like the one above is costing your candidate votes. Do you not realize that Obama cannot defeat McCain in November without the majority of us Hillary supporters? Do you realize that supporters like you are making some of us decide to vote for McCain not so much to spite Obama but to spite folks like you? Think about it.

Hillary won all the typically blue states, as well as the swing states. The majority of states Obama won are going red in the fall. Count on that. I foresee a huge defeat for Obama and the Democrats in November with Obama as the candidate. His defeat will rival that of McGovern and Dukakis. The DNC has completely alienated a large majority of its loyal members and turned what could have been a sure victory into a probable crushing defeat.

I'm changing my party affiliation to Independent and look forward to supporting a viable third party one day.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been a Republican my whole life. I can remember when I was the only member of the local Young Republican Club while serving as a member on the Mid-Central Labor Council which represented the AFL-CIO in the Midwest District.

This goes back more than several years ago.

I have finally had "enough" of the establishment status quo. This is the one time in many years that there is a tremendous difference in where our country is heading. This is the only reason I will vote Obama this fall. Not Clinton if she somehow sneaks in, it will be McCain then. But McCain or Obama - put me down for Obama.

Rest of the ticket is Republican....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Do you realize that supporters like you are making some of us decide to vote for McCain not so much to spite Obama but to spite folks like you? Think about it.

Firstly, I can see your point, and thanks for bringing it up. Perhaps I should lay off the 'snide' comments a bit more.

Secondly, I hope you are not in this category which you've named above. I never considered 'spite' to be a good reason to vote for someone, but you seem to make that argument for some reason.

And now, just to clear things up, even though Hillary and Obama do share many issues, you would rather choose Bush for a 3rd term than to vote for Obama? Or am I reading that wrong.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

McCain will be a great president following in the foot steps of GWBush. That's why Bush is going to Utah May 28th raising money for McCains Campaign. We can't legally vote back in but we sure can vote McCain who will stay the coarse.

new topics

top topics

join