It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New revealing Starbucks logo has group screaming 'Slutbucks!'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
so a women spreading her legs is now considered a prostitute? I would think that statement is far more offensive then this logo, which really isnt offensive at all, its a drawing, put a picture of an actual naked women on a store front, then that might be in poor taste.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
It looks like a two-tailed mermaid to me.

Is there really a shortage of things to complain about in the world? How about a taking trip to Myanmar and see what these whiners can do there.

first of all, i think its a two tailed mermaid as well, and secondly, there are so many pieces of "art" that feature worse than this, and do you hear complaining like this(yes i know there is some, but not much), these people should take more time taking care of there children, or whatever, news flash, boobs are old news, once you have reached the age of ten, you have seen them SO MANY TIMES

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Actually the logo that you have posted as the "new" logo is the old, old logo, prior to the green logo. The New logo is similar to the old logo but the siren's chest is somewhat covered up and it reads Starbucks Fresh Roasted Coffee. I do agree with most though, they should have just left the green logo. It is my understanding that they only switched back to the brown logo for a short time just to bring out their new roast with is named after the place where the first Starbucks opened.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

alright everyone, this is ridiculous. It's a siren: it's a mythological creature; it's half FISH. The only issue I've ever heard of is teachers not being allowed to have the original logo on their cup because it displays nude breasts. If anyone's turned on or grossed out by a mythological creature holding her own fins, or even displaying her breasts, they have quite a few more important, more personal issues than what a coffee company chooses as their logo. If you're focusing this much energy on such a simple logo, you need help friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join