It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the military spying on me because of what my did father?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Is the military spying on me because of what my did father?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Alright so my father was a computer engineer and technician in the airforce for 14 years. He worked in Norad, in Colorado. His job was to repair computers and fix other technical problems etc. etc.

Now i don\'t have the closest relationship with my father, he use to travel a lot so i only saw him about once a week and even then i try to avoid him becasue we just don\'t see eye to eye on most things.

But roughly 3 months ago we had to move. Now with his new job he spends a lot more time at home and we have been talking more often. Now he\'s tried to talk about what he did in the military with me before, but i just wasn\'t interested and i always changed the subject quickly.

So anyway roughly two weeks ago i was doing a report for my modern american history class(it\'s boring as hell) about the cold war and so i asked my dad what he knew about it.

Note my dad was in the military from 1982 until 1996.

so i just asked if he knew anything about it. This is when he told me what he actually did for the airforce.

Now he was a computer technician, but he had above top secret clearence. He said that he had full security to every level and room in the mountain except two floors. His badge read \"Top secret clearence with SCI\"

His job was when a computer crashes or some other peice of hardwire breaks in a top secret room my dad was one of the engineers that fixed it. So he had a higher clearence then a most people that worked there.

He says that when he was first joined and when he became an engineer and was told where he would be stationed. That he was getting all sorts of calls from family and old high school teachers saying that the FBI was asking questions about him. and they were wondering if he was in trouble, but in reality they were just checking up on him becuse of the clearence he was about to receive.

Now i have always loved conspiracy theories so i have been hounding my dad for any info. he could give me but unfortunatly he says he can\'t tell me much. He says he can\'t tell me much about anything he did.

The reason i\'m posting this is because i am wondering, if my dad was givin such a high security clearence would the military pay extra attention to his immidiate family? Like his son, like me!

For example, would the military watch or moniter my computer and phone lines?

I have always been a little paranoid and now im freaking out a little.

so i was just wondering do you guys think i am overreacting? Am i making to much out of this or should i start looking out for stuff?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i think i posted this in the wrong section, i apologize

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfsRayne

Yes they are watching you.If you show signs of knowledge of any of the military secrets your father has been privy to,they will be all over you.
Watch what you say here.This site is highly monitered by the intelligence agencies.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Are you being serious because im already quite paranoid

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Is that really necessary? I mean, seriously. He's clearly worried about the situation, you don't have to make it worse with poorly placed sarcasm.

Back on topic: I guess it all depends on what your father truly had access to. Its hard to determine if you don't know what he truly knew. I'm not saying get some information out of him, but I think with his experience in the military, and since he knows all the information he had access too, the best person to make that judgment is him.

I'd be less worried than you are now, though. What you have going for you is that he left the military in 1996. Its been 12 years. They've updated all their hardware and software, they've updated all of their security measures and communications systems. They've updated all of the weapons systems. What ever he knows is more than likely outdated, and is pretty much useless to "enemies".

So I'd say there's not really any reason for them to use their time spying on someone who doesn't even know up-to-date protocols, technology and information.

I think you're fine. Unless you have seen someone spying on you or have noticed something weird going on recently that would lead you to suspect they are, in fact, spying, then they probably aren't.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Thank you very much for your post it does help

and no i havent noticed anyone actually spying on me so thats a bit comforting

top topics

join