It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with the GOP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This question is for the GOP members of this site.Others can join in of course.What going on with your party.At one time it seem to be "cool" to be a republican.Now it seems that the GOP cant bring in younger voters like it use to.Evangelicals seem to be movng to the center even the old game of divisive politics dont seem to work as well as it use to.The GOP has lost his third special election even after it tried to tie the democrats that was running to Obama and Rev Wright losing 3 seats in congress.Is it Bush or is it that the country is moving to the center or to the left.Whats going on?

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
Whats going on?
Hello Tricky63,
My 2 cents worth...
The GOP has disgraced itself, and disintegrated into a seething cesspool of new world order Kennedy-liberalism and globalism.

Are there any GOP staff members reading this? If so, don't even ask me to vote for Mr. Amnesty!

[edit on 15/5/08 by Adonsa]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

In general people are sick to death of both parties.Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.They all talk about what they will do yet they never hit on the big issues.
We need a new start.Some of our elected officals have been in office for over 30 years.They are out of touch with the people and really don't care that they are.
If you really want to put this country back on track,back to a constitutional based government.Cast aside the two party system and vote your heart's desire.Vote for those who are not afraid to speak their minds no matter what the cost.
I will write in Ron Paul for President. I wish that you would do the same.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
"It's the Economy Stupid"

Remember that popular phrase from a few years back?

Middle class people are losing hope. The GOP promised and couldn't or wouldn't listen to them and now neo-conservatism ala Cheney-Bush are
going to bring down the Grand Ole Party.

The Republicans running for local offices in my area don't even put their party affiliation on their campaign posters.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Whats wrong with the GOP?

Well, Ronald Reagan is dead and quite frankly, I don't feel so good myself.

I'm not a Republican but I have to give credit, Ronald Reagan made you feel damn proud to be an American.

I remember his speeches when he would always say, "A rising tide lifts all boats." and I was behind him. Sure enough the tide started rising and got all the way up to my neck before it dawned on me that I didn't own a boat. It was the rich folks that owned the boats. I've been dog paddling ever since just trying to keep my head above water.

But he made you feel good about swimming along beside the rich folks boats.

The GOP has no Ronald Reagan's. It has nothing to offer anymore, not even the feel good part of getting screwed.

The Democrats are even worse. They offer up nothing but rapist's on the prowl.

It's sad really.

Neither party or no politician today can even put forth the glimmer of hope.

They offer nothing but more of the same.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The Republican Party has been hijacked by neo-cons and fascists. I am a registered Republican, and I used to believe in the party's approach to taxation and small government. The GOP is no longer the GOP. The objective right now seems to be to hijack the credit line, divert funds to their consituents (not you or me), and to create an environment similiar to the environment that allowed the Fascists to succeed in Germany, Italy and Spain. Look at who's in charge - the grandson of Prescott Bush, who had ties to fascism and segregation (take a look at Brown Brothers holdings prior to the Civil War - plantations that included literally thousands of slaves). We're seeing our rights erode before our eyes, debt being passed on to our kids at an alarming rate, and escalation may yet happen.

Jefferson was right, and it's time. I'm going to work on the problem from the inside.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you think this is a partisan failing I might humbly disagree.

There is only one party. It is mostly owned by financial interests, some not even American. They operate through a corporate web of industrialist sponsors. These people who feel compelled to say "I'm a Republican", or "I'm a Democrat" are simply clinging to an old dead notion about fundamental ideology that they can't even adequately describe anymore because it has become irrelevant.

The national interest is only about it's newest prominent citizen, the corporate citizen. When whatever president says I will protect and serve - it is to THAT citizen they refer. Every major piece of legislation for the past half-century or so has been about empowering, protecting, and promoting the corporate citizen.

The government is nearly completely run by 'private' corporate citizens now, even policy-making is done by the corporations.

Do you think they CARE ONE BIT whether the administration is from one party or another? It makes no difference. The GOP is simply 'whoever' to them. They got lucky this time in that the bag-man was a corporatist from way-back. Next one won't be any more difficult to deal with and WILL continue to support them - or his party suffers. That's how it works.

These are all rich elitist socialites who are not interested in what the 'majority' wants. That is NOT their agenda.

The problem with the Republicans is that they became too fat and arrogant for their own good. And Little Bush is so used to being a spoiled brat that he insisted on ruling without compromise - so here we are. But don't think the Democrats are any better. They are fat and lazy, looking to secure their own backsides through the Republican years, simply waiting 'for their turn'.

But look at the losers we get to choose from? You REALLY think they are going to fundamentally improve ANYTHING? PLEASE!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The problem twith BOTH parties is that they have lost sight of what is good for our nation. They are both more concerned with party loyalty and how to win the White House. It is as simple as that. While I still believe the GOP is the lesser of the two evils, I find myself more and more drawn to the Libertarian party. We really need to get back to strict Constitutionalism. Enough with the activist judges...both liberal and conservative! Our nation will not last another 200 years as a republic I fear.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens
Our nation will not last another 200 years as a republic I fear.

First off I want to point out that America has not been a republic since the Civil War. That was the battle between America being a democracy with one nation under one government or a republic where people and states had rights. Those days are over sad to say and the big money interests won.

Now as far as more recent times the republicans truly did lost their way. The used to have a conservative ideology. So what is a conservative you ask? There is the base conservative or conserve which is hold traditions or lack of change. Thats where the notion of traditionalists come into play. General policies of a "conservative" are small government, fiscal responsible budgets, conservative foreign policies like no nation building/policing the world, and individual and states rights. They prefer to lay low and let things ride.

Well thats what a conservative USED to mean. The new definition on how the people we label as "conservatives" act is as follows,

Big government, Big spending, Big Debt, police the world, legislative morality, nation building, and have no regards for individual or states rights. The new conservatives or the "neo cons" which neo=new have completely thrown out these ideologies. McCain or Bush or anyone that ran the conservative ticket is not a conservative they are neocons or new conservatives.

This is what happened to the party because when you talk to people 80% of them want to be left alone and want true freedoms. We believe the constitution was written correctly the first time and we dont need people telling us how to live our lives or police on every corner or nation building or world policing. We dont like big fat governments and we sure as hell dont like big banks bleeding us out of all our money and property. Im sorry but I like the idea of being a libertarian better. Vote Ron Paul.

top topics

join