It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would March on Washington?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the more I realize that the most effective way to "fix" our country would be to simply start fresh -- throw out all current laws, rewrite the constitution, and mass march to Washington, throw out all current politicians and simply start fresh.

I'll remind you that this is not an invitation to do such a thing. I certainly won't make a statement on this forum where or when such a thing ought to take place. All I'm saying is that supposing such a thing happened, would you want to be involved?

I imagine that the government would likely set the troops on a group that wanted to "overhaul the engine" so to speak, but I'd be willing to sacrifice my life in an effort like this that could bring us back to the basics of the constitution. The biggest problem in our government right now is that we have too much government. I honestly don't care if the average American happened to be an idiot; even idiots have a right to freedom, a right to govern themselves.

Supposing you're interested in rewriting the constitution, visit this "America 2.0" thread. All the more I have to say is that there is a fine line between treason and patriotism, especially in the eyes of government officials.

new topics

join