It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1) A decade ago astronomers made the revolutionary discovery that the expansion of the universe is speeding up. They are still working out is implications.
2) The quickening expansion will eventually pull galaxies apart faster than light, causing them to drop out of view. This process eliminates reference points for measuring expansion and dilutes the distinctive products of the big bang to nothingness. In short, it erases all the signs that a big bang ever occurred.
3) To our distant descendants, the universe will look like a small puddle of stars in an endless, changeless void.
4)What knowledge has the universe already erased?
Since it seems to me if we had expansion we'd have stars dropping off the visible spectrum.
Using a quasar located 12.3 billion light-years away as a beacon, a team of astronomers detected the presence of molecular hydrogen in the farthest system ever, an otherwise invisible galaxy that we observe when the Universe was less than 1.5 billion years old, that is, about 10% of its present age.
Sleipher and Hubble found that light (radiation) was displaced (red shifted) proportionally to the distance.
And as the only known interpretation was the Doppler velocity-shift, they multiplied the redshifted part of the light spectrum with the light speed.
It was OK as long as the redshifting was less than 100% (z=1).
But today galaxies at about z=6 is found.
It implies that the first pillar has collapsed.
And there is an hitherto unknown explanation that the redshift is an entropy-phenomenon that forces the radiation's energy towards equilibrium.
When it is accepted we don't need the dark energy hypothesis.
Then the second pillar has collapsed.
There is an entropy theory that also explains Max Planck's measurings of the heat radiation's displacement of the wavelengths that is misinterpreted as energy jumps.
Fighting the Big Bang theory starts with a pot shot at the redshift and here is one:
yeoldelog.com/feature/redshiftpoem.shtml - more digestable.
The basic redshift could just be caused by light cooling down.
There could be other reasons for redshift too: Doppler, escape from heavy mass etc. These could all be contributing factors to a redshift.
Here are some points to consider why it might be true.
1. When a photon loses energy, its frequency redshifts E=hf. (redshift - decrease in frequency).
2. The microwave radiation has a 'temperature' associated with it. It is even called a 'remnant of the heat' of the initial very hot Universe.
3. E=mc^2 means mass is lost when a heat loss of energy occurs, and suggests similarly then a loss of momentum in light when heat loss occurs (E/c)^2=|p|^2.
4. E=hf then shows that the frequency would redshift.
5. Even the Open University describes space metaphorically as an 'oven'.
6. There exist quantum mechanical entities that 'can' have a temperature associated with them. Electrons can exist in a plasma of a given temperature. Even above the author has associated the microwave radiation, photons, with a temperature.
7. The redshift relation z = Hr/c + 1/2[Hr/c]^2 to second order can be derived from the the relativistic Doppler shift: f0= f1√[ (1 – v/c) / (1 + v/c)] (from Open University notes) and also using Newton's Law of Cooling:
dE/dt is proportional to – (T1 – T0) or
E0 = E1exp(-εt) where Hubble's constant becomes the exponential decay constant ε
see web addresses above
8. What looks like an unexplained 'deceleration' using expansion theory is incorporated into the exponential at distances that are large (Hr approaching c)
9. Redshifts which suggest greater than the speed of light velocities are allowed in the exponential explanation (further order terms) indicating objects just further away
So no comments what so ever?
Tell him, somebody.