It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkanoid 1986

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello All . ..

I was in a pizza shop on Sunday and while i was waiting
I played on this original arcade game called Arkanoid ..
I think it was by taito and had romstar on there too ..
anyway .. my point is .. i looked for it online to download
or buy for the pc and i couldn't find it .. there's lots of
other versions of it which are cool too but i want the
original .. can anyone help me or point me in the
right direction . . .

Kind regards

Satellite1

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by satellite1

This looks like the original, although it's an online version:

www.nintendo8.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks very much .. is there any sites you know
of that sell original games on disc ?? i'm having an
80's moment ..

Thanks again ..

Satellite1

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've been trying to get the opening theme as a ringtone forever, and have yet to be able to find it. The link in the thread has a midi of the theme, but still not the original. Still... I like. Now if I can just figure out how to harvest the theme for ringtone.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.abandonia.com...

As far as I'm aware, that is the oldest Arkanoid, or at least the oldest one I've ever seen. That was one of the first PC games I ever had, not long after it came out, either :p The sequel Revenge of Doh is also on that website.

Some of the games on that website are freeware, some shareware, and some are what is termed 'abandonware', meaning you technically aren't supposed to download it legally, but the company owning the rights no longer exists to make a complaint against you. I'm not sure which Arkanoid is, so I'll let you do your own research on that.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

www.vgmusic.com, a website for video game music, and ringtones, there you go, i use it frequently

forgot to mention, be careful, virus alert

[edit on 14-5-2008 by outrider]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
w00t, thanks! I'll try those this weekend. My dream of an Arkanoid ringtone draws ever nearer!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

just tell me what you think of the site

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
www.abandonia.com...

As far as I'm aware, that is the oldest Arkanoid, or at least the oldest one I've ever seen. That was one of the first PC games I ever had, not long after it came out, either :p The sequel Revenge of Doh is also on that website.

Some of the games on that website are freeware, some shareware, and some are what is termed 'abandonware', meaning you technically aren't supposed to download it legally, but the company owning the rights no longer exists to make a complaint against you. I'm not sure which Arkanoid is, so I'll let you do your own research on that.

Hi DragonsDemesne.. I downloaded from here but i just get a MS-dos application .. the game doedsn't open .. can you help ..??

Kind regards

satellite1

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
arkanoid had some great music. i did find this a long time ago. i think they did a pretty good job with it:

www.ocremix.org...

or were you looking for this one? (only found a midi and a youtube vid thus far):

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If your computer isn't running an MS-DOS application, that means that Arkanoid is simply too old. Some old school DOS games will not run under newer Windows versions. I don't think there's anything that can be done if that's the case.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I found the exact song I was looking for on YouTube, then I found Vixy to get the audio, used my music studio software to edit it down to a 20-second ringtone, then used ventones to get it to my phone.

I've now got the coolest geektone out there. Old-school Arkanoid ringtone. w00t! My wife just shakes her head. She says "why not use Tetris? More people would get the Tetris ringtone."

She just doesn't understand the appeal of a game that was so much more obscure, yet just as cool, if not more so.

Though I'm thinking now that I've figured out the process, I'm going to have a lot more old school video-game ringtones.

new topics

top topics

join