It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That underground room near the paw of Sphinx

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wasnt there a underground like vault or room they thought they found etc that they think is some lost library?

[edit on 13-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.google.com...

google is awsome.

[-SPHINX not spinx-]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I recommend you read "The Stargate Conspiracy" for some excellent info on the subject. The idea being that it is possibly a hoax.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Probably.... What a pointless question. As already said.. google is awesome.. if that fails there is wikipedia and also books.

What is it exactly you want from this thread?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well i did want to get a library card there.Actually i did look it up before i posted this and was given this information that the government of egypt wont allow it for reasons to dig there,some of it is unstable and others.Also info that it was a hoax.I just thought i might have missed some information on it is all.Not a thread to tick people off.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sorry, I was in a bit of a mood when I replied before. I still think you should provide whatever information you have and some more background on the topic so that people don't click your thread just to find a simple one sentence question. Let me know when you have some more details

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's not a Hoax, it's indisputable that the chambers, and especially the so called "Hall of Records", are there. It was found by ground penetrating radar by highly reputable experts. The problem is that the Egyptians won't let anyone in, and the egyptians themselves may even be unable to open it.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
It's not a Hoax, it's indisputable that the chambers, and especially the so called "Hall of Records", are there. It was found by ground penetrating radar by highly reputable experts. The problem is that the Egyptians won't let anyone in, and the egyptians themselves may even be unable to open it.

Not only is it "disputable," it's not even there and the area has been excavated at least three times that I'm aware of.

Harte

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even hawass himself admits the room is there, the reason he tells for his refusal is that the doorway in so unstable it will damage the sphinx, now if he said its there i promise you its there he doesn't beat around the bush.

Explains here that hawass physically had archaeologists removed from the excavation of the sphinx after the chamber was discovered.

I doubt anyone can refute there is something down there and its big, they will eventually get in hawass wont live forever, he is just a bully who loves to diss Egyptologists because they report evidence of the pyramids being a lot older than thought a good example is what he did to Dr Joanne Fletcher, google her.

There is evidence all over the place online, you have to be real patient to find it, This
is a good place to learn of Hawass.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
info on the Underground Hall of records and chambers below the Sphinx

Video
www.youtube.com...

Here is some info about the Atlantean Hall of records deep underground, underneath the Sphinx, and information as to why not all of it is being made known to the public by those in charge at Egypt-
www.meditation-techniques.net...
www.atlantis.to...
www.atlantis.to...

According to Cayce and others, something called the Hall of Records is buried in a chamber between the Great Pyramid and Sphinx. Sonic and Radar devices have shown it, but permission to excavate has been denied. Peniel was to open these records, and access the Atlantean flying vehicle buried under the Sphinx that was used to build the Greater Pyramids, amongst other things, and also used to travel the extensive underground tunnel network and habitable areas of the inner Earth. This was made impossible by the forces who have already found it, can't open it, but know it would completely destroy their life's work of theories about the builders.

Because of that, and other things, the book was published instead, giving the summarized important details from the Hall of Records. John Peniel was prophesied by many, including Edgar Cayce, who essentially said Jon Peniel (Cayce's prophecy was spoken, not written) would bring messages about the "new order of things", reveal the Hall of Records which was information left for and by "those of that order" (the CLO - Children of the Law of One as it's translated) prior to the apocalypse and return of the Christ. Jon has already made many astonishing prophecies as the world and the human race rapidly deteriorates, socially and physically, from 911 to present events and beyond. Scientists agree, we are in grave trouble that is not likely to be able to be reversed (from CNN and other sources). Peniel reminds us that we all die someday, and consciously returning to oneness with God, the Universal Spirit, which we are also part of and is inside and outside us, is are only true salvation, the most important activity anyone can do (either working on themselves or helping others) and saving out eternal souls must be our priority, regardless of our path.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
info and evidence-

and-
www.lyghtforce.com...

"2. Tunnels & Chambers Under The Great Sphinx

(I) In a series of expeditions between 1991 and 1993 led by John Anthony West, and independent Egyptologist, scientific investigators conducted geological and seismic surveys around the Great Sphinx of Egypt. The chief geologist was Dr. Robert Schoch, Professor of Geology at Boston University, and the chief seismologist was Thomas Dobecki from the highly-respected Houston consulting firm, McBride-Ratclif & Associates.

(II) The team's conclusions were as follows:

A. Geology, The pattern of erosion on the Sphinx indicates that it was carved at the end of the last Ice Age, when heavy rains fell in the eastern Sahara - perhaps more than 12,000 years ago. This contrasts starkly with the 'orthodox' Egyptological dating for the Sphinx of around 4,500 years ago.

B. Seismography. The seismic survey indicated the existence of several unexplored tunnels and cavities in the bedrock beneath the Sphinx, including a large rectangular chamber at a depth of some 25 feet beneath the monuments front paws."
And

" The idea of there being a secret chamber buried somewhere beneath the Sphinx was first popularized by renowned psychic Edgar Cayce in 1932. Cayce believed that this secret chamber contained an ancient Hall of Records, which contained, among other things, manuscripts detailing the history of mankind much further back than we are currently aware - possibly even back to the world before the Flood. He also predicted that the Hall would be discovered sometime around the year 2000.

In recent years, this prophecy may have come true. Scientists using an array of techniques, searching on and around the Sphinx, have discovered one or more large, box-shaped, hollow areas just below the Sphinx. One of these enclosures is located beneath of the paws of the Sphinx, just where Cayce had predicted the Hall of Records would be found. Bauval explains,

The Giza necropolis, it seems, has finally decided to discharge all its secrets at once. For not far from the Great Pyramid, in a shallow enclave to the East, is the Great Sphinx. It, too, may be guarding a treasure-trove under its belly: a "Hall of Records" of a civilization long lost in the mist of time. There, too, with amazing synchronicity, an entrance to such a vault has been known since 1993. Why have these "chambers" not yet been opened? What could be within them? Could the Egyptian authorities know more than they are letting on?"
www.mysteriousworld.com...
www.michaelmandeville.com...

So to dispute the existence of the Hall of Records is like saying you don't believe in radar and sonar

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
From the Egyptologists themselves
www.towers-online.co.uk...

Florida State University, on behalf of the Schor Expedition, carried out a remote sensing survey around the Sphinx and elsewhere on the plateau for three weeks in April 1996. They claimed to have found "rooms and tunnels" in front of the Sphinx and running from the rear of the Sphinx. Several other projects have made similar claims:

SRI International did an electrical resistivity and acoustical survey in 1977-78.

In 1987 a Japanese team from Waseda University (Tokyo), under the direction of Sakuji Yoshimura carried out an electromagnetic sounding survey of the Khufu Pyramid and Sphinx. They reported evidence of a tunnel oriented north-south under the Sphinx, a water pocket 2.5 to 3 m below surface near the south hind paw, and another cavity near the north hind paw.

In 1991 a team consisting of geologist Robert Schoch (Boston University), Thomas Dobecki, and John Anthony West carried out a survey of the Sphinx using seismic refraction, refraction tomography, and seismic reflection. The investigators interpreted their data to indicate shallower subsurface weathering patterns toward the back and deeper weathering toward the front, which they take to indicate that the back of the Sphinx and its ditch were carved by Khafre later than the front. They interpret their data to likewise indicate subsurface cavities in front of the front left paw, and from the left paw back along the south flank.

We cannot give permission to dig into the natural rock of the Sphinx, or to drill into the Sphinx on the basis of anomalies, especially now that our highest priority is to conserve the Sphinx. Remote sensing programs should anyway be carried out elsewhere to test the techniques, and to demonstrate that it works before it is used to make sensational claims of secret rooms in the Sphinx.

Meanwhile, we struggle in our department to save the Sphinx and many other sites and monuments for future generations. We work hard to organize the site for tourism, so all can enjoy our monuments, and we try to balance tourism with conservation. But now other priorities are far more urgent, and we cannot allow digging and drilling into the Sphinx on the off-chance that somehow we have missed the only evidence of a lost civilization!"

Something is being covered up

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Shiny Blue Stone "Tomb of Osiris" below Sphinx, revealed

The "Tomb of Osiris" is one of the most incredible finds ever. It is located 95 feet underground behind the back of the sphinx. It is not really a tomb, but according to archaeology it is a symbolic type of tomb, for the God Osiris, who they also think did not really exist and was only a god in myth....Strange then that we should be expected by archaeologists to assume that the Pyramids are actual literal tombs but the Osiris tomb is only a symbolic tomb. Some researchers have observedthat the Great Pyramid tomb resembles a baptismal font more than a tomb........ But anyways, It really is incredible to think about how such massive chambers could be constructed so far below ground.

In the Tomb, below a stone sarcophagus there is, at least now anyways, a pool of water. But what is not always known is there is another alleged sarcophagus below the water which is a shiny blue color of stone. And it does go down deeper, what is below that is not known.

Video of the Blue Stone "sarcophagus"
www.youtube.com...

These series of tombs, also known as the 'Water Shaft', were featured on the March 1999 FOX television show "Opening The Lost Tombs: Live From Egypt". Unlike the TV show, our images reveal the true blue color of the stone sarcophagus lid found in the third level of the water shaft. These images were photographed on the evening before the live televised broadcast. Due to certain restrictions, these high resolution images have not been released to the public until today. The full high-res original photographs are available at www.gizaplateau.com....

Info and images of the Sphinx's underground tunnels-
phoenix.akasha.de...

Deep Underground

"Tomb of Osiris"-

This image is more accurate as it shows additional passageways

But there are major discrepencies between what Egyptologists say and what the team who first discovered the "tomb" of Osiris reveal.

Reality, in 1997-

Dr. Joseph Schor of The Schor Foundation. Schor had obtained an annually renewable five-year license to conduct acoustic and radar surveys on the Giza plateau under the direction of Florida State University. Said had entered into a joint-venture with Schor to film the work for a new documentary.

The sight he saw was very different to the one shown to the world on the FOX TV Special. A pile of muddy debris extended from the eastern side of the room and tapered off at the sides into the water. Towards the centre the partially buried enclosure also full of water broke through the debris. Said’s crew scraped away at the dirt on the chamber’s eastern side to clear a flat area for the camera tripod. It quickly became apparent that a smooth hard surface was becoming exposed. As more was revealed, a dark sarcophagus lid came into view.

vs. archaeology-

I have found a shaft, going 29 meters [95 feet approximately] vertically down into the ground, exactly halfway between the Chefren Pyramid [the middle pyramid] and the Sphinx. At the bottom, which was filled with water, we have found a burial chamber with four pillars. In the middle is a large granite sarcophagus which I expect to be the grave of Osiris, the god... I have been digging in Egypt's sand for more than 30 years, and up to date this is the most exciting discovery I have made...

---ZAHI HAWASS, (Directed of the Giza Plateau, Egyptologist), In newspaper Extra Bladet (Copenhagen), January 31, 1999, "Sandpit Of Royalty", By Dorte Quist

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
1997 Dr. Schor's and Boris Said's A.R.E. funded images, in dirt

vs.

1999 as seen on live tv, all this water magically appeared there, and they claim ithey found it like that. But the previous site I linked shows there was no pillars or water there in 1997

Underwater in a pool allegedly, so there are also water management systems there

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You are posting as lot of old information here.

For example, this:

The seismic survey indicated the existence of several unexplored tunnels and cavities in the bedrock beneath the Sphinx, including a large rectangular chamber at a depth of some 25 feet beneath the monuments front paws."

Schoch et al. actually did excavate then and found what many people find when they try to use what you are referring to as "sonar" on rotten limestone - it returns multiple echos because there are multiple cleavages and faults in it.

You can find Schoch's paper concerning this very same excavation at the Morien Institute website where so much of his stuff is posted for public view.
No large chamber was found, although they investigated the precise spot it was supposed to be.

One can hardly blame Hawass for wanting to limit excavations into the bedrock under the Sphinx. The stone itself is not exactly stable as it is. Why should he allow multiple excavations in the exact same spot?

Didn't I already post in this thread that the tunnels under the sphinx and causeway had been explored to the extent it was possible?

Didn't I state that these tunnels were once filled with water until the water table dropped?

Do you believe the water table is constant year to year?

Did you know that the tunnels had been known about all along, that local boys once swam in them, but that their extent was not discovered until the water table dropped?

I dunno. Maybe that was in another thread.

Harte

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You're mixing up the Tomb of Osiris with the Hall of Records. Those are 2 different sites at 2 different locations and at different depths. Dr. Schoch has gone on record many times stating that the Hall of Records Chamber is there and the way it "ringed" when examined by the seismograph indicates there's definitely something in the chamber.

I think you are twisting people's words and speaking for them, because here Dr. Schoch explains himself in his own words, the HAll of Records is there and is definitely NOT just natural fissures etc.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's absolutely not true that Dr. Schoch nor anyone else has ever gotten close to being allowed to or able to excavate the Hall of Records.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
It's absolutely not true that Dr. Schoch nor anyone else has ever gotten close to being allowed to or able to excavate the Hall of Records.

Your statement is what is "absolutely not true."

In their book The Message of the Sphinx, Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval report on the use of modern technology to investigate the ground surrounding the Sphinx:

In 1973-4 . . . the first in a series of serious pioneering projects was launched, using ground-penetrating radar and other high-tech remote sensing equipment to locate "anomalies" under the bedrock beneath the Sphinx. These projects were channeled through well-established academic institutions - the Ain Shams University in Cairo and the prestigious Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the USA.

In 1977 the US National Science Foundation funded a project at Giza again involving the SRI. This time use was made of several new techniques such as resistivity measurements (from metal rods driven into the rock across which an electric current was passed), magnetometry, and also the latest aerial photography and thermal infrared image-enhancing techniques. According to the SRI team's official report: "Several anomalies were observed as a result of our resistivity survey at the Sphinx ... Behind the rear paws (north-west end) we ran two traverses. Both traverses indicate an anomaly that could possibly be due to a tunnel aligned north-west to south-east ..." Two other anomalies were noted, deep in the bedrock "in front of the paws of the Sphinx." [p. 90-91]

Hancock and Bauval quote SRI geophysicist Lambert Dolphin, who relayed to me a rather different conclusion in a personal correspondence (click here for the full text):

Next we drilled 4 inch bore holes on the anomalies and inspected the hole with downhole TV. Nothing was found except small cracks. We paid special attention to the front paws, and under the paws. No chambers!

I do not believe there are any chambers under the Sphinx at this point in time.

Source

More has been done in the area since this time. You should take the time to find info on subsequent investigations. I'll not waste my time further on the subject if you don't.

BTW, there are links posted here at ATS somewhere concerning subsequent investigations.

Harte

[edit on 5/14/2008 by Harte]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Great thread despite the disagreements. It's given me some great ideas for future reading and the vids were a great way to start my day along with a good pot of coffee.

ATS does it again.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You accuse me of using "dated" information, and then you quote poeple who haven't been there since the 1970s.

No one ever was allowed to excavate or even close to what would be called an "excavation" of the Hall of Records.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join