It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Frogs in Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My grandfather told me stories about when he was in wars and such, but one facinated me the most and decided to share it with everyone in ATS. About thirty years ago, my grandfather worked in a city called Puno, Peru. It is located between the cities of Cuzco and Arequipa. Well he decided to go to a nearby lake call Titicaca. When he was there he said he saw giant frogs. They didn't have horns or looked evil, they were just huge, he said. I personally believe him and i want to see what you guys think. Also, I would like to know if anone has ever heard of these frogs before. Commments would be greatly apprietiated.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yup there be giant frogs there!

Graeme’s Pleistocene megafrog

In the Land of Giant Frogs

Funny there isn't a whole lot of photos of them.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have seen them in the Caribbean, as big as an

old tortoise. They walk slow, too fat to jump (thank God) and he's right- they are not mean looking at all.
I still wouldnt want one within 500 yards of me.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Could this be them? Telmatobius culeus
*edit* I decided it had to be so here is a bit of info on the frog:
In the Andes near the Peruvian-Bolivian border, at altitudes of 12,507 feet above sea level, lies Lake Titicaca. Lake Titicaca and surrounding environments are harsh and extreme, being exposed to freezing temperatures, high levels of UV radiation, and low oxygen content. Amidst this extreme environment lives T. culeus, an extraordinary frog perfectly adapted for such a habitat.

Telmatobius culeus is referred to as the Lake Titicaca Frog, and is only found in Lake Titicaca. (SOURCE

[edit on 12-5-2008 by beaverg]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The color is the same, however there arent any

drapes on the body and its not baggy looking. I'm talking about the ones i've seen.

Mine are big fat and with stretch marks.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yeah, Beaverg has the location right, the thing is is that my grandfather said that they were around five feet tall, on all fours, maybe an experiament, maybe radiation, all i know is that i want to see one!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietWonderer714

That's about 3 times larger than the largest known frog species living or on fossil record, so I have no clue. (*edit* still larger than a disputed record here: LINK)

dgtempe, I don't know about that particular species either, sorry.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by beaverg]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
well hey, its in peru, lots of uncharted land and undiscovered species

new topics

top topics

join