It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families of autistic children to sue U.S. over link to vaccines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Families of autistic children to sue U.S. over link to vaccines

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Families claiming that a mercury-based preservative in vaccines triggers autism will challenge mainstream medicine Monday as they take their case to a federal court.

They seek vindication and financial redress from a government fund that helps people injured by shots.

Two 10-year-old boys from Portland, Oregon, will serve as the test cases that determine whether the children and their families should be compensated. Attorneys for the boys will attempt to show the boys were...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've heard about this for a while, kinda interesting that Fox news decided to cover it.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Medicine has come a long way. If it truly has come a long way then why are we screwing up medicine. Is it really that hard to make a vaccine that works. If so then why are we allowing the vaccine to come into production!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a sad problem now that EVERY parent with a tiny one is concerned about. I have a step brother with austism. Adult now, but mentality of a 5 year old.

Hoping to whatever natural force is out there, that my little girl won't have it. I freak out every time she gets her shots.
I can only imagine every new parent does that. But they are forced upon us.

IF these vaccines are truly the cause of Autism, or if like reported on TV before, they 'trigger' an Autism gene... Then someone needs to be responsible for all the damage being caused.

There is my opinion.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 12-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

We can't expect justice for what has been the result of giving children tainted vaccines. Those responsible for the tainted vaccines will just throw a lackey of theirs under the justice train. Real justice will be doled out by a higher court than any earthly one. As it stands now vaccine makers stomp their feet and throw a fit like bad children when anyone so much as points a fingure in their direction; That will be their undoing.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The whole autism mercury in the vaccine thing is VERY debateable. Also in recent years they claim the rates of autism have risen dramatically, when in fact the last two decades have put a lot more kids into the autistic category when before they would have simply been diagnosed as mentally retarded.

online.wsj.com...

Quote from the above link: The national media has also, at times, promoted the concept of an autism epidemic. Responding to some of these claims, Morton Ann Gernsbacher, professor of psychology at the University of Wisconsin, co-authored a paper last year in Current Directions in Psychological Science titled, "Three Reasons Not to Believe in an Autism Epidemic." One of her reasons stemmed from a close examination of data from California used to show a 273% increase from 1987 to 1998. Prof. Gernsbacher showed how broader diagnostic criteria "will result in a dramatic increase in diagnosed cases." For example, among a sample of students diagnosed with autism before the broader DSM-IV definition was published in 1994, 61% were identified as having intellectual impairments. But only 27% of a more recent group of children categorized as autistic had such impairments.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If it's even in question why hasn't it been pulled and investigated by the FDA? Could it be it's because they really don't care?

top topics

join