It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfriendliest Forum on the Internet!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is the 4th or 5th forum I have joined on the internet, and it is, without question, the unfriendliest forum around. I have posted about 10 times and not had so much as a single response. I am sure there are thousands of others just like me, because I looked at the stats and there's like 80,000 members with 20 or less posts, so it didn't take them long either to figure out this is not a good forum to join, or TRY to join. Even when I pointedly ask questions, = NO REPLY. The other forums where I belong, I notice if someone asks a question or makes a comment, at least the mods will post some kind of reply to it. You have a few interesting news articles but there are plenty of other places to read these sorts of things. I am going to attempt to unjoin, and your stats should be updated in such a way as to show the number of people who have voluntarily removed their memberships.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I post plenty on these forums and I have to say that this site is actually quite friendly. I am sorry that you feel that the ATS community is so unfriendly. However you must realise that this is a big board with a lot of members. Sometimes that well thought out thread you authored just doesn't sit well with the membership. Or people read what you write and agree and so they do not post because they have nothing to contribute.

Don't take it personally I have had plenty of threads with absolutely 0 replies go down down down off of the board to be never seen again.

you have authored one thread besides this one. So I don't understand why you feel that this board is so unfriendly. During your time here you have only authored one thread and have posted a grand total of 20 times. Its difficult to gauge the response you will get from that small handful of activity.

It happens.

But if you must leave then I will give you a friendly good bye. Have a great life, and I hope you do well.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To be fair I need to make a slight correction. I said 80,000 with 20 or less posts.

Actually the stats say that 68,000 members have posted, and that 58,000 have posted 20 or few times. Does that tell you anything?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
From your super-duper friendly moderator Dr Love, please post your issues in this existing thread: ATS Issues Thread

Closing.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree.

I have met the most friendly people on internet forums...however, the rudest, most conceded people on the whole internet exist here at ATS.
I think the term "Egotistical know-it-all" describes MOST of the members here. It's too bad. A lot of the membership is VERY smart, but, so sure they have the right answers, they don't open up to the possibility they are, in fact, wrong.
As for ending your membership? Not possible. Your membership can only be stopped by a banning, which, will not delete your account, but, only stop you from posting.
My suggestion?

Read more, post less.

Cuhail

top topics

join