It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama VP rumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
RUMORS have it that Obama is tantalizing some of the female super delegates with a shot at being Vice President.

Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius
Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill.

(at this point - my bet would be on the Missouri Senator)

I wonder if he thinks these people are qualified for VP .. or if he’s just trying to appease the Hillary minions. Also gotta’ wonder how many other super delegates have been given the same pitch.

We know he won’t offer it to Hillary. Michelle has made strong statements against Hillary. She’d scratch out Barry’s eyes if he even thought about it.

Any other stories floating out there about possible VP picks by Obama?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This election has turned into a freaking circus. I can't believe that we live in an age where a president would choose his VP simply for the female vote. How about we stop pandering for votes and try to get elected for what we believe in and what we stand for?

I almost wish I had never ever heard of Ron Paul. This would be a lot easier to swallow if we didn't see a good candidate snuffed out before he even got a chance.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ABC News quotes Obama on who he wants to be a Vice President under him.

Obama said he wants a ‘paper person’. He also said this - "You don’t want me as the Chief Operating Officer. That’s not my job. I’m not a systems guy. I’m not somebody who would, you know, make sure that, you know, everything’s running on time."

So he wants to go out and make pretty speeches … and leave the VP to make sure the country is running smoothly.

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Ron Paul.

We can still write him in. He won't win, but at least we could sleep well at night.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I had read that it may well be the very popular Gov. of Ohio, as it will probably help carry an important state and region.

You know this garbage can be spun to suit any argument. Whatever.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I can't believe that we live in an age where a president would choose his VP simply for the female vote. How about we stop pandering for votes and try to get elected for what we believe in and what we stand for?

I have to agree with you Karlhungis, I would love to see a day when a candidate was able to campaign and be elected solely on the issues at hand.

Unfortunately this is not the case. For as long as I can remember (and it's a while....I became cognizant of politics back in 1960 -- Nixon vs Kennedy). The Vice Presidential candidate seems to have always been selected on the basis of their ability to add to the ticket and garner votes. It certainly is no different in this presidential campaign.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
The Vice Presidential candidate seems to have always been selected on the basis of their ability to add to the ticket and garner votes.

That's my understanding as well. VPs have been picked from 'big states' or from states that could bring in a regional segment of the population.

Looks like this year the VP may not be picked due to 'state' issues, but more along the lines of gender and/or ethnic issues.

Too bad it isn't along ability, experience or their stand on issues.

But politics being what it is ....

new topics

top topics

join