It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If John McCain should die of old age before november election what should come of our voting process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
John McCain is one old man with a history of health problems like skin cancer and such. Whats to say he wont die or become to ill to meet the standards of this job before the election? will we be given the choice to vote for a dead man or would we be electing his running mate? Or do we then put Romney or Huckabee on the ticket since they were next in line?
i personally cant vote for a man that i feel will not physically survive the next four years. in fact every time i watch him i fear the poor old guys gonna crumble on stage which made me wonder about this threads question. Is there a plan for this or will they need to wing it if indeed it happens?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
seriously folks look at this guy. when you see him on stage talking he's yellow and under his eyes are green. and it looks like he's lost more hair in the past few months. the poor guy looks ready to keel over it makes me sad to think of all the sleepless nights he'll have in the next few months running against Obama.
i haven't been able to find any of his current medical records but i found one that said they would be released in April ... its now May whats the hold up? will this be put under the carpet like Ronald Reagan's was?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Easy if he were to die,Ron Paul is still in the running and a Republican as well,one could hope,because I'm not voting for Mc Cain,and I'm a republican

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Actually, given our choices this time around, I think McCain's corpse would do a better job then any of them would alive...

Think about it, less government spending since every budget bill would be automatically pocket-vetoed, and I bet we'd save more than enough to have someone regularly fumigate the White House.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i thought it was funny to look at what bush looked like in 2000 and what he looks like now. Then i decided to look at McCain then and now. Cant imagine another 8 years for this fellow at the rate he is destroying himself.Not to mention the stress of being the commander and chief.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How old are you anyway? Seventy-one is not that old; eighty-one might be a problem. I don't expect him to die before the election but if he did the Republicans would be fully capable of finding another nominee. I concede that the presidency does age people a lot. The main thing to worry about is if he should develop Alzheimer's, like Reagan did.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
two equally interesting questions that were posed to me recently:

Where would we be if a wild card militant, anti-establishment self-professed "patriot" assassinated mcsame in a suicide attack after he becomes potus? or what about just before election day?

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
McCain voted 90% with bush so why would anybody think that old almost dead guy would even make any kind of changes for the good. His history tells it all. he would just be another Bush or worse Dick C.. Plus other countries don't want him in office and will revolt against america more than they are now. The whole world wants Obama.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
How old are you anyway? Seventy-one is not that old; eighty-one might be a problem.

Seventy-one can most certainly be a problem for a cancer survivor such as McCain. Heck, fifty-one could be a problem for someone that has had cancer.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
On the other hand in this day and age cancer is hardly the death sentence it once was.

As far as process goes, if I recall correctly if a nominee dies before the election then his/her party must pick a new candidate.

If it's after the election then the vice-president elect becomes president elect and eventually president.

new topics

top topics

join