It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Caught Using Subliminal Message To Push A Pres. Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Can you guess who it is? I bet you can. What do you guys think? I gotta say at least if they are using subliminal messages maybe the vote isnt as rigged as it appears at times.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That's a Fox affiliate, not Fox News Channel.

It's probably sloppy editing of a longer video lead in.

And even if it was intentional, I've never seen any evidence that subliminal advertising works and certainly have never seen evidence that seeing a picture of a person for a fraction of a second would make one want to vote for that person.

[edit on 2008/5/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It may be a low level tech. guy having some fun. I don't even think this type of thing works, I could hardly see it until the youtube video went back over it and I had no McCain thoughts during the regular speed. Reminds me of Fight Club.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
egads

With FOX in bed with McCain its just another reason to NOT vote for McCain.
(as IF we need more reasons)

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK!

[edit on 11-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Subliminal Messaging is not supposed to be consciously recognized.

According to the study, in 1956, in a movie theatre in Fort Lee, New Jersey, James Vicary (a social psychologist and advertising expert) and his 'Subliminal Projection Company' carried out six weeks of study. The study involved thousands of unsuspecting movie-goers and involved testing a secret device. This device reportedly flashed the messages "Eat Popcorn" and "Drink Coke" for a third of a millisecond every five seconds as the movie played. James Vicary claims that after the messages were flashed there was an increase of 58% in popcorn sales and an 18% increase in sales of Coke.

Furthermore,

It is scientifically proven that subliminal messaging or advertising can produce quantifiable results. This claim can solely be based on the factual results from experiments conducted by Freud and Jun that had brought about the advent of psychotherapy and further studies directed towards the power of the subconscious mind in direct relation to conscious actions and thoughts. The only way to possibly control the ethical and technical legalities involved in releasing the fullest potential of subliminal advertising or messaging is to implement efficient regulation systems geared towards the functional control of the power behind subliminal advertising.

But subliminal advertising or messaging does not necessarily involve unseen messages and the like. It can be done through various ways and means. Here is a list of the most popular terms coined for the subliminal advertising or messaging methods that are presently being carried out or implemented which do not involve unseen messages:

• Doctor-Patient Drug Kick-backs
• Point of Sale Mind Control Scripts
• Private Conversation Rental
• In-Store Sensory Manipulation
• Neuromarketing
• Real-time Bugging of Personal Data
• Chatbots and Stealth Voicemail
• Sidewalk Stalkers
• Government Propaganda
• Planted News Stories

I just thought I'd add this to the discussion.

AAC

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Click on the second link in my signature for an interesting read regarding subliminals...

As far as the effectiveness of this particular instance...it really depends on the individual. But what this does accomplish, at the very least, is cause more discussion and time spent thinking of this particular candidate...which is worth its' weight in euro's...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow, I thought the head in the right corner was an ugly old man. Nope, just Repubabarbie, Cindy Cain.

I have no doubt some joker did this on purpose to further his/her political agenda.

Very interesting about the popcorn/coke study, but I dont need it to convince myself I need movie theater popcorn,mmm.

I love the term neuromarketing, and I am sure THIS opinion will not go over well, but from a business viewpoint, I LOVE the idea of subliminal advertising, or neuromarketing. What a great tool for the store owner.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

I actually posted this the same day, although earlier and didn't get any responses. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought that was a slick move they are pulling. Nothing surprises me with Fox anymore though.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I was watching the news a few weeks ago, and at the bottom of the "ticker tape" that scrolls by during some segments, I KID YOU NOT - it said "If a democrat is elected to office there will be another terrorist attack in the US". Scrolled by just once, never to be seen again. I wish I got it on TIVO. No one believes me. I didn't believe it myself when I saw it.

Now who pays attention to that scrolling text at the bottom? Not many people. It just kinda scrolls by, subtle and suggestive to the subconscious. Does anybody notice???

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Check this out.

McDonalds embeds 1 frame ad on Iron Chef America.

I knew there was a reason I always get hungry when
I watch that show.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
lol, i loved that YouTube clip....'santa is that you?', i think im hungry for a burger now also.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That is fantastic. Nice find. Too bad I don't think the media can even get him elected.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

So with that being added... would anyone have recognized it if it were not pointed out? My guess is no... I wouldnt have.

It may "just be an affiliate" but it is New York.. not exactly a po-duct area.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by shug7272]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is not the first time this happaned. During one of bush's campaignes the FCC banned the use of subliminal messaging when it was used to demean democrats showing the word democrats for a fraction of a second and then rats.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For those of you who do not believe in the power of subliminal messages you should probably watch "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Derren Brown (not the movie). He is a master at subliminal messages. Before you poo poo on the matter you should seriously research it further. In my psych classes we learned quite a few amazing things about the mind and the power it has in picking up hidden messages. You may not consciously acknowledge something but your subconscious nearly always does.

How does this influence the potential voter? Well, first off it presents McCain in a good light with he and his wife smiling. It presents an image of trustworthiness. When you go to vote you won't have many misgivings over marking by his name.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here's the scary thing it's not that ohhh no they used a subliminal messages.
The problem is this is the one they messed up on. Think about that for a second, these people are pros all TV has to be digital in 09 and it's clear whether Subliminal messaging works or not that the government is using it. For every subliminal add you catch many go unnoticed you're probbably barraged constantly all day with subliminal adds.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
subliminal messaging is all around, and with technology today and greedy people at the top of mass media, it's more than just visual messages we are subjected to, but they have the ability to emphasize the way things are heard through carefully editing recorded information. sadly, because we are subjected to the messages in more forms than one from the day we are born, by the time one is able to understand the underlying themes behind much of the media. auditory perception is less noticed than visual perception because if something is night in clear sight and flat out in front of our face, it's a lot easier to just believe it's not there at all. but with the ability to display information at a "select frequency" that is only picked up by the most sensitive of ears, it's no wonder some money-hungry businessmen would find a way to cash in on the situation. -hear this.

join