It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'My Daughter Deserved To Die For Falling In Love'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

'My Daughter Deserved To Die For Falling In Love'

www.guardian.co.uk

Two weeks after The Observer revealed the shocking story of Rand Abdel-Qader, 17, murdered because of her infatuation with a British solider in Basra, southern Iraq, her father is defiant. Sitting in the front garden of his well-kept home in the city's Al-Fursi district, he remains a free man, despite having stamped on, suffocated and then stabbed his student daughter to death.
Abdel-Qader, 46, a government employee, was initially arrested but released after two hours. Astonishingly, he said, police congratulated him on what he had done. 'They are men and know what honour is,' he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
The Iraqi teenage girl killed for loving a British soldier (www.guardian.co.uk)
www.dailymail.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Iraqi teenage girl killed for loving a British soldier (abovetopsecret.com)

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Two weeks ago, The Observer (and Guardian.co.uk) told the public how Rand Abdel-Qader (age: 17) was hammered to death by her father Abdel-Qader Ali, after he noticed that she had become infatuated with a British soldier, who was staying in Basra.

Background to her story:
www.dailymail.co.uk

Another Snippet from www.guardian.co.uk

In this remarkable interview, he explains why he is unrepentant - and how police backed his actions. Afif Sarhan in Basra and Caroline Davies report

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
what is wrong with the world, if all the people to whom another persons life means so little just got rid of themselves, the world would be a better safer place. Rest in peace Rand

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Poor girl!
She's in a better place now. No earthly 'honorable' loving father to protect her anymore. God bless her. (makes me ill to think about it!)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just have agree with you. The father of that girl is a self-righteous person.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for your kindness. I appreciate your comment.

top topics

join