It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican newspaper: God made pre-humans into people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
www.catholicnews.com...

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- While apes evolved naturally into pre-human creatures, it was the will and desire of God that turned them into humans, an article in the Vatican newspaper said.

Are they now preaching DARWINs bible ?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No its just a fact that "evolution" itself is a constant act of God. Creation. God is not done yet if you haven't been able to see that, as things are currently still being evolved by God.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

the physical hominid and the 'spiritual' aspect of humans are two distinct things, i reckon that the 1st Adam & Eve who had the Divine spark of being intellectual & capable of abstract concepts like love & spiritualty
sought out like kind of early men...and the group socially & genetically grew ever more distant from humans cousins like cro-magnon, neanderthals etc.
some of the quotes in the article were by Ratzinger in his earlier role but i don't know which statements are his...the article is kinda fuzzy

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is not official catholic doctrine. It's just somebody with an opinion.
If it came out ex-cathedra then I'd pay more attention.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hi hawk123, this is my personal view on it.

When you replace the word “God” by the word “an ET intelligence” the story is almost right.

I said the story is almost right because of this incorrectness.

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- While apes evolved naturally into pre-human creatures, it was the will and desire of God that turned them into humans, an article in the Vatican newspaper said.

But Humans did not evolve from apes.
During evolution pre-human creatures evolved naturally but separated from the apes, it are two different evolved species; and it was at some moment in Earth-history the will and desire of an ET intelligence that turned those pre-human creatures into humans by means of genetic engineering.

Just my personal opinion of course, and nothing more.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Religion is going to have to eventually embrace the fact that if there is a god then he created everything just as we are discovering it to be. There may indeed be a god but the bible people follow was written by humans describing in their OWN words and understanding who, what and how god created everything.

The smarter we get through science the closer we will come to understanding and knowing god. If a big bang was the beginning then if there is a god he created that big bang which evolved into us. We are one of the results of this creation. If we were made in gods image then we will likely evolve into gods ourselves eventually.

The 7 day myth of creation is something a human wrote. They were not very smart back then and wrote the bible based on their limited knowledge and understanding of creation (universe).

They should write a new bible that embraces a the creator based on our expanded knowledge of the universe we posses today. Why would we limit ourselves to a religion based on ignorance of early man. Not meaning to belittle early mans contributions to our evolution but we will likely seem ignorant to those who live 2000 years from now.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

But it will mean updating this book every X years. And who will be the editor, because even now, when we are "smart" and "advanced" every scientific theory has its opposition. So it will create some kind of religious-scientific hybrid written by few to show moral path to all. And this in my opinion is much much worse then what we have now and even from what we will have in the future (AI vs Soul, Creating biological life totally in vitro vs Soul, and such and such.).
Religions should pay less attention to appear updated to modern science and much more attention to keep our society morally healthier.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I agree.
However I still do not see the connection with Obama 's Planet of the Apes.

tmfsunstar.blogtownhall.com...

Is Obama sent to us by ET ?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Help Conspiriology and Bigwhammy! People are getting confused!
LOL

Oh man, them crazy Catholics and there crazy "God Box".
You see, back when the Catholics first started to form, they created this thing called a "God Box", what they did is they put God in a Box, that's what they really worship now, like most of Christianity does these days.
Soon Christians will take on this belief too, as long as there are people who say that "Chrisitans and Catholics believe in the same thing and there is no big difference between the two", and people actually belive that.
I'm not going to get into a C vs E debate though, I'll leave that to the experts.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123

I agree.
However I still do not see the connection with Obama 's Planet of the Apes.

tmfsunstar.blogtownhall.com...

Is Obama sent to us by ET ?

We are all send to Earth by ET.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good to know that first the Gorilla was created.
That must be the reason why ET. is afraid to visit us.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I too think that we were probaly evolved through the genetic engineering
of E.T.'s. Do you think that their own DNA is part of ours?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is just another attempt of the Vatican at rewriting the Bible. Honestly, you either believe the Bible, or you don't. The Bible is the basis of Christianity. You can't have it both ways and be a Christian.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i reckon that the 1st Adam & Eve who had the Divine spark of being intellectual & capable of abstract concepts like love & spiritualty
sought out like kind of early men

I thought the first Adam and Eve were subservient dimwits until they ate of the "tree of knowledge"? No offense to our Christians here.

join