It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

changing faces?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is something that happened almost 2 years ago whilst living in spain....
I was living in spain with my mother, im originally from the uk.... we were having my mothers best friend over to visit, shes known me all my life so she is classed as family, anyway on a sunny evening we were all relaxing in the lounge, i was sitting at the table and my mothers friend was sitting on the sofa (about 10-15 feet away)..... i think we were talking about where we were going out to eat that night, all of a sudden without warning she kinda yelped and started saying 'oh my god oh my god' 'your face your face'..... i wont replay the whole conversation but basically she said my face was someone else's for about 3 seconds and then changed back? she was adamant it was not me at all, we were not pulling faces or making weird gestures at the time.... i wasnt aware of anything, but she was pretty freaked out and drank much more than usual that night!...... i have had paranormal things happen to me my whole life, but my mothers friend is not a believer in anything paranormal or spiritual, thats why it was a shock to hear her trying to convince me something paranormal had happened!......she said she didnt recognize the face i 'turned into it' but still to this day she is adamant of what she saw, neither will she look at me when i ask her about it in case it happens again!.......it hasnt happened since that day (to my knowledge) or before, i was hoping someone could shed some light on what it may have been.... she had not had any alcohol at that point....

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

It could have been several things, so... who knows?

It certainly sounds like a case of momentary prosopagnosia, the inability to recognise faces - or even the onset of the same disorder on a permanent basis.
(Let's hope not. But it would be interesting to find out whether anything similar had happened to her before - or since.)

It has to be said, however, that the label and classification of a phenomenon as a cognitive "disorder" doesn't necessarily explain its origins - or, indeed, its nature. I mean, it is certainly a dis-order, in the strict sense of the term - but not necessarily a disease, as most neurologists would claim it to be.
(But, by the same token, this caveat does not imply that it is NOT a disease.)

Or perhaps she could've been slightly drowsy, or sleepy, or so immersed in her own thoughts (even while conversing with you, it can happen - I know that I certainly can appear to be interested in the conversation while my mind is wandering far away :-) that another image, perhaps from her memories, was superposed onto the image of your face.
(And if she is afflicted by astigmatism, for example, that certainly could contribute to the distortion of the image.)

Or perhaps she "simply" caught your face in a real moment of fluidity.
People's faces CAN change their appearance in a remarkably protean way.
(It's a very interesting subject, but it doesn't belong here because it's too complicated... and I am too sleepy. :-)

After all, all that we see is just... light.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

First of all I am at a point in my life where I keep an open mind and am not entirely sure whether I even believe what you are saying. However, I must ask, have you ever used an ouija board at any point in your life?
If you have it could be something to do with that.
If not I am rather stuck other than what has already been suggested.

I have been having a bit of strange goings on myself but rather different.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
no ive never done a ouija board or anything of the sort, the woman who claims i changed faces in front of, does not believe anything paranormal and is a very close minded person when it comes to these kind of things, none of us were tired, or sleepy, i saw here face when she was looking at me and it was full of fear.... we had strange goings on in the apartment we were living in at the time, if you dont believe me, thats fine, im not looking to be believed im looking for suggetions on what it could be, paranormal wise...... and no, my mothers friend has never had it happen to her before then or after then.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, from what i know from your experiences, i guess its certainly not something with a natural cause at all. Actually i dont have any clue but i must say it fascinates me.

What i do know is multiple story's from different people who say that when they look at a mirror, very focussed for some minutes, their faces are changing. So maybe you could try that?

Furthermore, i am going to look this up tomorrow, try to find some info or some other cases. Will check back with you then

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
thanks Nick!! but no way am i staring at myself in the mirror! im too much of a wimp!....... it was an odd experience, she was so convinced of what she saw, and cause shes such a closed minded person i couldnt dismiss it, we had quite a bit of paranormal activity in that apartment, but then again, we have paranormal activity wherever we live... it seems to follow me!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Make it Rick,

Hmm, maybe then she saw you how you looked in another life. Its just guessing and guessing and thats not exactly helping you with this, but i really have no clue except for the fact i almost know for sure its not something with a natural cause, because of all those things that happend to you and all your experiences.

I am really going to research on this further cause it is fascinating. Maybe i'll find some articles that may help you.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I would have to lean towards the paranormal. Have you ever had physical experiences with this? Also, what other happenings have you had? Would like yo hear about some of the paranormal stuff that has occured. I've had some strange things happen to me, which I thought were paranormal but after reading about people with simular occurences, it seems that I have had the beginning stages of out of body experience and there has been a presence there where it happened...hence my thought that it was paranormal. Anyway, if there have been any physical experiences with this, you may have(for lack of better terms) a guardian angel of sorts.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am a open minded person but recentley have been having more and more awkward moments that I am unfamiliar with...The other day I was talking to a family friend and we were relaxed talking about how the mind can be very powerful and we have alot going on that we are unaware of, all of a sudden I saw a white ring around his face...What was that? I sorta freaked out cause I never saw anything like that before, and I didn't tell anyone I just told him I had to go get some water, I came back like 15 mins later, a bit shaken up. Has anyone had this happen to them? I was frightened cause I felt so out of control...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

Aura.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
can that be fairly normal...why did I see it? I never have before?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
unknown313..... i see aura's too, but its always white, never in color..... ive seen them since a young age but its only ever been white, except for my son, whom i once saw it a bright yellow color, its always around the head and stops around the shoulders....i was told i dont see colors yet because i need to develop my psychic abilities more, not sure if thats true?.... i dont just look at people and see aura's, i have to be staring at them and they have to be still... for example, when i was at school if i was bored in class and the teacher would be talking, id see them on teachers because id be staring at them for ages...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was listening to him, but really blanking out then I saw the white ring around his face, I was confused though cause I hear the aura is like a mist sort of. but I saw a white circle/ring around his face with foggy white around the outside of the circle???? does this make any sense at all. Am I going crazy, haha, or what. I have really opened my mind more lately and am so new to all these experiances. Sometime they come too quickly whithout warning so I get startled cause I havent studied up this stuff enough yet...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I hear ya.

I keep an open mind to anything these days as you never know so in no way am I trying to say this is the case. However I used to stay in a flat in Scotland and I had suffered from crazy dreams while living there. I used to dream of these erm... creatures dragging me through to a room and burning me alive etc. Nuts yes and I thought I was going nuts until I looked up on the history of the flat and it turns out that the flat I stayed in was burned down in the 70's and there was a full family burned to a stone in there. Ive sinced moved out into a new home and never had it since.

I had a look into different phenomena as I have came across other unusual things that freaked me out and if you live in a place where there has been a disturbance in the past it could be an effect of that.

Im kinda contradicting myself here as im not normally one to say what I have but I cant deny that I have found a lot of things pointing in that direction.

I dont know how open you are as a person but I have had a recent experience where anytime I am stressed electrical things such as light bulbs, printers, pc's and most recently lawnmowers dont work lol. I never thought anything of it until I blew 4 lightbulbs in a row after coming home from work which cant be a coincedence can it? Im wondering if anyone has an answer to why this is happening as im getting shocks from my car as well when I touch the door etc.

I hope you find what you are looking for as I certainly havent yet.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
yes i can totally relate to the electrical thing, its a running joke in my family not to let me near t.v's....microwaves....dvd players and computers! they malfunction around me badly.... i also get bad electric shocks in big shopping centre's (mall's) and on trollies at supermarkets, i also give people electric shocks when i shake their hand etc....

the apartment we were in at the time did have some strange events, 2 examples, i had an en suite bathroom and one morning i woke up and the door was locked, so i went to my mothers room to check if it was her in there but it wasnt, so we spent a few hours confused until a local spanish friend had to kick the door down, the lock is one that forcefully has to be turned and then pushed down to lock.... so that was very odd, the second thing was when it was just me and my sister in the apartment, and we were having a small argument, as both of us entered the kitchen all the cupboard doors had been opened wide, doesnt sound much but it was a huge kitchen with 20 seperate cupboard doors from top to bottom, they weren't just slightly opened, each door was opened as wide as it would go, needless to say we quickly stopped arguing!.....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Reporting back,..

cant find anything on the net about pecific changing face cases.
bummer.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow....I never thought about it too much, I always just thought I could be bad luck to electrical stuff here and there. It's making more sense now. Haha, my mom is always giving me grief if I touch her camera, cd player, computer. I know how to work the stuff, but I look back and on days I was really sressed she would find me and tell me after I touched certain stuff they didn't work anymore. That's funny how the world works like that. Intriguing for me.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I beleive her cause it happened to me once. I've seen my roomate face's change into a little blond yong boy. I've been very scared. I have no exlplanation. I felt like if have canalized a spirit living in my appartement. I experienced other weird thingin that place.
Excuse my wrtitten english, i'm french.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi Cosmicstorm!
You said that you all are very close? I would like to give an opinion of what she might have seen.
We live many lives on this planet and other places in existance. We also live with the same beings in past lives.. an example is that you could have been a different person in a past life at the same time this person was also incarnated... I can definitely understand that this person seen for a moment a different life, a past life face maybe... did this person recognize the face in any way? This would tell me a lot if this person did.
thanks

[edit on 17-5-2008 by constantine70]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

really! wow..... i have tried to look into a little, what ive found is that it can happen to mediums, but im not a medium and neither is my mothers friend so i was stumped..... i suppose it will just be another one of those things you never know the cause.... thanks for sharing your experience!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join