It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Impeachment Planned to Protect Bush/Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Had a thought while I was out running this morning which I decided to pitch 'out there' to see what others think.

If one accepts the premise of NWO, 9-11 conspiracies, etc., then it has to be recognized that these people plan things years in advance. Is it possible that the Clinton impeachment in the late Ninties was planned in order to allow less public pressure against a future Bush/Cheney impeachment? Here's my thinking:

The Clinton impeachment basically divided people into three camps: support, against, don't care. The loudest voices were obviously Support vs Against, and importantly, even voters who consider themselves Independent/Swing had strong views. It was a tiring experience, but watching from the sidelines it was clear from the start that even though they went through the impeachment, Clinton was never going to get more than a slap on the wrist. So, what was the real reason behind it?

Here's my contention:
The purpose was to wear down the general public's taste for impeachment, especially the Independent/Swing voters, and 'cheapen' impeachment as a concept, to where it would be harder to impeach future presidents.

I have to admit that for awhile when I heard people calling for Bush/Cheney's impeachment, I just rolled my eyes and said, "you're just a partison democrat looking for revenge." Impeachment HAS been cheapened and the only people who seem to support for Bush/Cheney are generally either (A) hard core democreats or (B) those who truly believe they are involved with NWO and/or 9-11 conspiracy, etc.

It's all about controling the mood of the greater population, and if they can make impeachment seem like a cheap partison tactic rather than a legit method of removing corrupt leaders, then they've essentially increased their power.

OK, throw your stones...
HoonieSkoba

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I like your theory. I agree that things do take a few years, at least, to plan out and get the ball rolling, so it is definatly plausable. And I do agree that the impeachment process, or the thought of it has been cheapened via the media.

Going back to the Bush / Cheney referance, if 9/11 was pre-planned, based on this theory then, Clinton would have been part of the process. I find it hard that Bush would be able to do this in just the short amount of time he was President when it happened, plus he's the worst president we've ever had - the guy is stupid IMO. However, I think Cheney could have been involved in something during the Clinton years.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've run this by a couple friends since my original posting and they seemed to concur that it is a plausible thesis.

Yes, Bill would have had to have been involved. But this thought only strengthens the proposition, because one of the aims of our leaders and the NWO is to distract us with pettiness while they chip away at our core liberties. Both parties have to be involved by definition - for example, it's well known that William Jefferson is a Bilderberger. Although he apparently hasn't been to Bohemian Grove (save for another thread).

Given the broad lack of enthusiasm around Bush/Cheney impeachment (taking nothing away from the die-hards, who wave the banner every day), I have to believe the Clinton impeachment cheapened the concept. Which just leads me to think it wasn't an accident.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
um Billy Boy was attacked by the republicans for some bogus bull dunk and they spent millions of dollars to investigate him and came up with SQUAT. but Ken Star did find a way to trap him in a lie that he knew he'd tell about getting it on with an intern to save his marriage and public respect. So we spent millions to let Ken star and the republicans do there witch hunt and find NOTHING and forgot all that and only remember a little knob job he got while the REPUBLICANS were on strike. I dont think you could compare the damage that Bush has done to the Nothing (except cheat on his wife) that Bill did During the strike.
No there is to much going on in the world and so much "FLUFF" news on tv that the world can't understand all the illegal things being done by our government. 10 seconds might be talked about some investigation and 15 minutes will be talked about American idol or dancing with the stars or some B-S show. when bill was being attacked they made sure all knew he was getting investigated but if you ask out on the street no one is really aware of zip any more. But ask about some tv show and they'll know all about it. We are all hip-no-tizzzzed and i'm not sure whats gonna get you to snap out of it.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is an intereting spin on things.
First GW would have to have known he was going to be pres. and as was suggested Bill would have to have been in on it. Now to go a step further, since Bill was going to lose his presidency and would not get another chance, as a sweetener Hillary would be promised the job after George Jr. and since they are working together she would simply continue the work that GW had started.
If Hillary-ous manages to get elected then this theory would hold a bit more water....and open a whole new can of worms.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That is interesting to take it to the next level like that. Yes, Georgie Senior would indeed be in on it, as would Hillary.

However, what if Obama isn't part of the NWO? His politics aside, what if he's simply as anti-establishment as his grass roots fundraising suggests? But then...he'd probably have been removed from the process by now.

Yes, I recognize that this whole thing is highly implausible (some might say the whole idea is absurd), but to re-iterate mrRviewer's point that when most of the public knows more about recent TV shows than the news, there might be a possibility to hoodwink the populace.

top topics

join