It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any serious instances of somebody important flashing a masonic or quasi-masonic sign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There are a lot of posts here and elsewhere on the internet in which somebody claims a prominant individual (e.g. the Pope or the President) is flashing a masonic or quasi-masonic sign. For example, there is this youtube link youtube.com...

in which somebody claims the pope is giving masonic handshakes to people. Some of these claims seem hard to believe. It seems that any type of gesture, movement or hand shake can easily be construed to be some sort of masonic or quasi-masonic sign.

My question is what are the most concrete examples of a prominant person really flashing a masonic or quasi-masonic sign. The only example I can think of is that when I was in college, I went to my fraternity's annual convention. The key note speaker was a fraternity member who also happened to be a billionaire (or close to a billionaire.) He addressed everyone at the fraternity's convention with our fraternity's semi-secret greeting, then went on to a speech that was unremarkable to say the least.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would highly recommend you check out Texe Marrs' book "Codex Magica"

codexmagica.com...

and my book The Atlantean Conspiracy

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Apparently Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism made the Masonic "signal of Distress" during his last trial.

I have no idea if this information is correct. I've never bothered confirming it. I'm sure someone on here will know if it's true or not. The signal of Distress is part of the Masonic recognition signals, so ATS Masons might be hesitant to comment.

Also, I've read that Charles Manson also made some Masonic signs during one of his trial. Again, I've never bothered to confirm this. From what I know of the guy he could have done it as a joke.

Note that Joseph Smith was a mason. Manson, to my knowledge, was not.

Edit:
Also, just as the speaker at your fraternity's annual convention used a semi-secret greeting, it appears artists might throw in masonic "hey, brother!" in their art. Some like Mozart quite openly, or others less so. A Mason once posted here that James Cameron, a mason used Masonic music clips that masons could possibly recognize in Titanic.

Of course, i realize that Titanic is not exactly "serious".

I've commented on Texe Marrs in this post, if you are looking for something "serious", he might not be your best bet.

I should add freight tomsen, that I like much of what you have included in your book, I just don't go for that whole signal thing, or any present day masonic conspiracies.

PS - Have you made an official thread where the content of you book is discussed? Could you link it here? (U2U ok)

[edit on 10/5/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

I have no idea if this information is correct. I've never bothered confirming it. I'm sure someone on here will know if it's true or not. The signal of Distress is part of the Masonic recognition signals, so ATS Masons might be hesitant to comment.

Strangely, though, the signals are not uniform. Masons from different jurisdictions would not even recognize the signals from Masons of other jurisdictions in many instances.

As for Smith, it is said that he gave a Masonic distress signal before being shot. It's possible, but also just hearsay.

Also, just as the speaker at your fraternity's annual convention used a semi-secret greeting, it appears artists might throw in masonic "hey, brother!" in their art. Some like Mozart quite openly, or others less so. A Mason once posted here that James Cameron, a mason used Masonic music clips that masons could possibly recognize in Titanic.

Actually, Cameron is not a Mason. I'm not sure where the rumor originated.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I have never seen anyone ever use a "Masonic signal" .. I have heard the stories, some mentioned in the thread such as Smith. However, I have never actually seen it be done. And I would think with TV and such, something as off the wall as a "masonic signal" would I don't know.. create questions.

All of the "signs" and even the Hand shakes that people link photos to and try and say are in fact Masonic, really are not Masonic at all. Though I don't doubt that it happens, I imagine it happens often enough.. however no world leader is currently a Freemason. I have seen a pic where someone tried to say the Pope was giving the Master Mason handshake. lol, that one made me chuckle. They are not even used that often, though, I did meet two Freemasons in business meetings and seminars on Friday by handshake. We then proceeded to plot world domination and how to get the rest of the seminar to be submissive to our desires!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I
All of the "signs" and even the Hand shakes that people link photos to and try and say are in fact Masonic, really are not Masonic at all.

That is why I use the term "quasi-masonic." Some people may claim the President might be flashing a "masonic" sign in a particular picture, when in fact he might be scratching a mosquito bite on his arm or something. I also use the term "quasi-masonic" because the signals may belong to a group that conspiracy theorists link to the masons like Skull and Bones, even though there may be no actual link between groups like Skull and Bones and Freemasonry.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
they wouldn't be very good masons if they were stupid enough to flash masonic signs in public or near tv/video cameras.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How about Joseph Smith as he was dragged from his Nauvoo Illinois Jail cell and assasinated?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As for Joseph Smith - he was a mason, but was eventually killed by other masons in something of a power struggle. When he was shot after jumping out of the carthage jail house, he said "Oh Lord", before he died, and there are those who believe he was beginning the Masonic distress call of "Oh Lord, is there no help for the widow's son", but there's no real way to know.

As a Mormon myself, Ive always been intrigued by the link of Smith, and the latter day saints, and the temple ordinances to the masons. But the links go back a long way, far before smith.

I was in Ravenna, Italy last weekend, at the Basilica of San Vitale, and there in a 6th century mosaic, was god's hand extended through the veil in a "Masonic" handshake gesture. And this was 1500 years ago, built by the roman empire in one of their capital cities, just 150 years or so after they put together the bible.

You can see an image of the mosaic here:

commons.wikimedia.org...:SanVitale14.jpg

It was built around 520 AD.

It references God reaching his hand through the veil and receiving Melchizedek - just as in masonic ordinances or similar LDS activities.

Brigham young himself called the LDS temple activies "Spiritual Masonry" - and he meant it in a good way.

I know there are some who associate these things with "Satanism" and whatnot, but those signs go even further back than the 6th century, in a christian context. The mosaic in that image references events that took place thousands of years before Christ.

These symbols go back that far.

new topics

top topics

join