It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Troops Need To Enter Burma NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
When katrina landed in new orleans, it was localised - the problem could be dealt with eventually because of the simple fact that help could be brought in thanks to the fact that the American public practically demanded that help be brought to them.

The situation in Burma is different.

I'd be willing to say that Most of their country has been flattened.

Naturally this might be a little difficult for some people to get their heads around, but when they compare the effects of the disaster in Burma to the disaster in New Orleans, they're essentially forgetting the fact that Burma isn't as big as the U.S.A - the equivalent of the catastrophe in Burma in terms of an actual comparision by order of magnitude to a catastrophe in America would be similar to the total destruction of the east coast.

Their country has been destroyed.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Quite frankly, the Junta's hesitation in accepting and asking for help in this situation amounts to criminal negligence.

By all means, i agree 100% with the OP's assertion.

The Junta could be hung for all i care.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Every single day for them is a fight for survival.

Sad but true.

Without outside interference these people don't stand a chance.
I'm very sad and bothered by this, but I just don't know what to do.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If anyone wishes to help, there are plenty of charities who do have access to Burma, and who are currently on the ground and doing what they can to help:

www.google.com...

I haven't had a chance to look through each one, but there are links to charities and articles about aid, which should mention who's actually doing stuff on the ground. Obviously donations to any of the large charities who work out there will be spent wisely.

I donated to these guys after the tsunami:

www.dec.org.uk...

They raised £390m ($780m) for the tsunami.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I'm as aware of that as you are...they are outgunned, don't really have the knowledge needed. But it's their country, if they want it back...they've got to have the "want to" to do it. It's going to be bloody, it's going to take a long time, but it's theirs to do.

We can't do it for them, just like we can't do it for Iraq or Afghanistan, look how well that's not working. Oh some of it is, but alots not. No, if Myamar wants out from under the foot of the tyrant, it's time for them to make a start.

No offense taken.

[edit on 5/13/2008 by seagull]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join