It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE NEED YOUR INPUT

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think a great forum title would be:

Harbingers/Whistle-Blowers

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If you're paying $75 for quality articles, why not buy quality short stories? I'm sure you could rack up a few topical short story anthologies that would sell. That seems like a no brainer. Pay a meaningful fee for one time publication rights, and save yourself a lot of overhead.

The worst part of the whole thing would be the editorial stuff that happens before publication. Slush piles are a pain, but they can yield some real nuggets.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I love the idea. My humble idea is to call the forum "Take Me to Your Leader."

Seriously.

The topics could be, as you said:

I come from Space
I come from another time
I come from another dimension
etc.

Maybe a "been there/done that" thread, for those who maybe aren't from another planet/dimension/time, they have only visited.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

After 134 distracting emergencies, 72 new projects and 11 sidetracking, EXCELLENT threads snatched our attention away from this I am sad to say that no... We haven't been able to move this ball down the field a yard since May.

We are however still planning on moving it down the field so patience and understanding, as always, are greatly appreciated.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, you can't please everyone all the time.

Those of you who have made this site what it is must have good instincts.

Once again....................If people want to talk about things that most won't believe them please, give them a place to do so and those that can't handle it can simply hang out in their usualy haunts.

ATS has room for all types of ideas and people.

That most outlandish claim could just be the one that changes life as we know it.

People don't deserve to be laughed away because of the over zealous members who live to call "Hoax" every chance they get just so they can feel special and smart.

Things have happened to me and others I know who would not have had a place to ponder them if not for this site.

Please don't allow the overly intellectuals to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Personally, I think it should be called The Star Wars Bar... but I like The Insider's Forum for acceptability.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Any recent news Springer? I am anxious to see the new forum.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Some suggestions for the forum name:

Unvetted Claims

To be confirmed

Unsubstantiated

Off the wagon (this one is a joke!)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"Entities" I thought might be good... being as everything you mentioned involves Entities.

I was wondering while reading your first post though, how does one prove these things??

If you see a ghost, do you ask to leave some ectoplasm behind?

If they are aliens are they to submit DNA? Or a map of their home?

If you are channeling a spirit do you give some piece of information no one knows anyway?

If you have been visited by Jesus himself do you ask him to write a note??

Just how does one prove these things?? Honestly isn't that the problem anyway. That none of us have proof of anything, that is why we are here discussing it.

Another factor is that our realities are different. If you are Schizophrenic do you have proof the people you see are real, they might be. I am trying to say that just because it's not real for me, doesn't mean it's not real for you.

But I do understand the never ending I am an alien thing, and that it gets tiring. But honestly who are we to say it isn't true, and sometimes the only proof we have is our experience?

Good thread Springer.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Forum Title:

IM A DAMN ALIEN!

IM A DAMN GOVERNMENT GUY!

IM A DAMN TIME TRAVELER DUDE!

Alternate titles:

IM A DAMN ALIEN! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!

IM A DAMN GOVERNMENT GUY! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!

IM A DAMN TIME TRAVELER DUDE! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!

I think any of those would work well!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Finally... SkepticOverlord and I have the time to get this rolling and hopefully UP by next week.

I have grabbed what I believe are the five best suggestions and we are going to choose the name from those five.

Keep an eye out for the new forum coming soon.

THANKS again for all the great suggestions and help!

Springer...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Aw shucks, I got here too late to get my suggestions in. In keeping with the ATS theme I'd call it "Need To Know," or "You Need To Know" since if they come here and post their story they must think we Need To Know!

Or I's Only (pun on Eyes Only and most of them seem to start with I am a .....)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Theres too many forums already. It is hard enough to decide where to author a thread with reptilian alien threads going in skunkworks, but grey alien threads going in aliens and ufos, while alien whistle blower threads will go in yet another forum.

95 percent of the spectacular claims on this site are B.S.

I say leave the threads where they originate and let the members rip the creator to shreds.

Great claims require great evidence etc blah.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ill be looking forward to this new forum, although i though we already had a joke section on BTS ? ah I'm just playing, it should be good i like the Leo Leon Zagami stuff, so will there be a big move of ALL existing threads there, or is it a 'from now on' kinda thing ?

Fox

<< 6  7  8   >>

join