It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE NEED YOUR INPUT

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Call the forum, Extraordinary Confessions and clarify what the thread is for as most threads seem to come with a clarification, anyway.

I find it hard to believe that whistle-blowers or insiders really want to be identified and I'm not convinced that time-travelers, aliens, and divinities would stoop so low as to proclaim their presence on the internet and blow all credibility by claiming to be such.

Anonymous wisdom and prophesy can stand on their own and aliens, time travelers and deities should know this, one would think.

I think by naming the forum Extraordinary Confessions it might reduce some of the stigma that comes from posting in a forum where such is usually considered to be disruptive and a vetting process would be precluded, since there would be no need to move threads from that forum, as it is aptly named and readers could decide who is credible and who is not.

[edit on 2008/5/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
THE DISCLOSURE ROOM

Let em all come in and disclose their personal identity and alien/goverment
background

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Patriot Disclosure Forum [Whistle Blowers]

Suggestion.

I want to add the following despite the name it ultimate will be of course.
In my honest opinion is somebody who comes forward as Whistle Blower to uncover hidden things or hidden injustice really a true patriot.
So when somebody takes the opportunity to do this here on ATS he will absolute be taken serious, but also absolute be ridiculed despite the content of his story.

So therefore my suggestion is, that in a sensitive forum like this when people post their replies, it must be impossible to adding stars.
And my reason for that is that those stars really can give a distorted image on the whole discussion.
Just my thoughts, nothing more.

[edit on 10/5/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I think we should call it Extraordinary Confessions or anything that has confessions.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One thing could we move the ATS is ConIntelPro threads to this new forum. I am really tired of these threads without a single shred of proof being posted. I mean seriously? If your gonna post a thred like this please by all means post some proof.

As for a name again I like Whistle Blowers.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If I may, Extraordinary Confessions sounds like one of those late night movies on Cinemax. I'm talkin' late-late night here!

Peace

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
One thing could we move the ATS is ConIntelPro threads to this new forum.

Add the 911 threads too... Doesn't seem to me there is much proof there either...

Has anyone done a study on how many topics on ATS actually have real hard proof to back them up?

And if there is absolute proof... then would it still be a conspiracy theory? Would it not then, having absolute proof, be on the evening news?

ZForgive me if I seem confused .... I AM

:puz;

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have never really understood why it is soooo important that threads are in proper forums, I mean I have read pages of threads going on about moving it to a different forum because it doesn't fit the criteria and people all in an uproar about such.

I am sure there is good reason as it is set up this way and perhaps that is the need for conformity and order. Maybe some people only go to certain forums and are upset when they see something out of line in thier particular favorites. Not sure, doesn't really matter to me.

I think that it is a good reason to have a designated forum so that people who come out with ideas, stories, and experiences that most people are going to assume are made up simply so that they won't be scared away before thier membership has had a chance to develop.

This issue alone is good enough reason to make a place that is safe to share without being called mental cases and hoaxers before we have enough input from the poster to really get what he/she has to say.

Many of our members come to ATS because they have something to say that they don't feel comfortable to share with others in person because they fear judgement. Many people who come here begin by coming out with something they consider to be beyond the scope of family and friends so they feel this forum will allow them to get feedback and see if others have similar experiences and are looking for answers and even closure to some degree.

We have many clever members. So many great ideas for names of the forum, funny thing though is that at least even half of the names are already in jest of the expected material and sanity of the poster!!!

Hoaxers of course still shouldn't be allowed to hoax us but if this does come to pass I hope it is established that the OP will at least have a chance to say what they have to say before being shut down. This is what I see as a main benefit of creating yet another forum.

One other point as I have seen many people go for the idea of using the word "Grey or Greys" in the title, isn't that pretty limiting or presuggestive?

Thanks Springer for opening this for discussion.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There are issues here.

1. I stopped posting evidence for my theories, discoveries, and experiences simply because the debunker class proved unwilling to examine it.

2. Who's to stop the debunker class from continuing to haze newbies and others with extraordinary claims, even if it is a new forum?

3. Generally real contactees, insiders and aliens don't advertise. You would never know they are even on the board, unless members already pack inside information.

4. Isn't it redundant, considering ATS takes the general crowd and special forums have to be paid for in points for access?

5. In soee cases, I came around to accepting these realities without so called proof, because either or both:

a. I gained enough knowledge on all levels to accept the new terms

(ex. water on Mars)

b. I felt a gut instinct that they had the ring of truth

(ex. critters in STS 75 video, Valhall's Peekaboo)

(ex. a.&b. Morgellons)

If anything, the debunker class should have ther own forum to grind members with extraordinary claims to hamburger. Members could use it as a sounding board to test their validation.

Well, you asked for my input! Trying to help here, not advocate mediocrity and segregation, which this boils down to!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the 'applause' Springer. I smell a Stephen Kingish short story of the week category in the offing.
Thank you kind sir.
'Thorazine anonymous'...oh God I think I hurt myself. Just caught that. I worked at Metro Hospital for 10 yrs with the Cleveland Psychiatric Institute next door. The 'thorazine shuffle' is a very well defined walk. Heart breaking but 'hilarious' in a really sick way. My ribs will never be the same. Three years of that was in the ER. When you have some poor gomer come in with a shotgun blast to the head and overhear one surgeon saying to the other 'he was talking just fine' as he goes thru the CT machine, then hear the other say ya, what was he saying? Moogly googly? You learn to appreciate the far side of medicine.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalwaysMaybe some people only go to certain forums and are upset when they see something out of line in thier particular favorites. Not sure, doesn't really matter to me.

I think you have it.... and likewise to me its irrelevant I always go by the title when I see a thread going by the flagged line that catches my attention.

We have many clever members. So many great ideas for names of the forum, funny thing though is that at least even half of the names are already in jest of the expected material and sanity of the poster!!!

Yup noticed that myself... so many in fact makes one wonder if anyone takes it seriously anymore... And here I thought that these topics is what made ATS what it is today...

Shows how wrong you can be ..... sometimes

Hoaxers of course still shouldn't be allowed to hoax us but if this does come to pass I hope it is established that the OP will at least have a chance to say what they have to say before being shut down.

I agree that deliberate hoaxers should be weeded out, hung, drawn and quartered and boiled in oil ( not necessarily in that order
) But I have also seen things called a hoax when it has NOT conclusively been proven to be one

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I see scrolling through that DuneKnight already came up with the one I wanted, namely:
REVELATIONS

or maybe MY REVELATIONS
or FIRST-PERSON REVELATIONS
or EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS...

but hopefully this will be an area where the revelator can SPEAK IN ALL CAPS...I mean, please, the true god ain't big on italics

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here are my original ideas

Secret Identities
Cloak and Dagger **very appropriate, but is it obvious to newbies? lol**
My Name Is Anonymous **a mix of what others had said**
The Insiders **close to what others had said**
Confession and Disclosure **blended two earlier ideas**

The other members names I liked

Whistle Blowers **Although it's really Terrestrial specific**
The Disclosure Room or Disclosure Forum
Confession Booth

The Best of the Best

I feel these are the best because they are neutral and clear in intent.

The Insiders
Secret Identities
My Name Is Anonymous
Confession and Disclosure

[edit on 053131p://11u32 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow so many great ideas... We will be going through all these and making our selection this week. Stay tuned and keep an eye out for a new forum in the near future.

With any luck (and time management skills) we will have this up and running in the next 14 days or so.

Springer...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Okay, here's something everybody can laugh at.

A lot of kids like video games but I like videos on Google and YouTube and so I got to see Alex Collier's video (2 hours) and when he started talking about the Alpha Draconis that hit home for me.

I went to the Reptoids site and learned what I could abouit the differences between Reptoid and Reptilian and they truly despise each other is what I got.

Then I began hearing traffic, sometimes Reptoid and they are very physically large and dense and sometimes mocking Reptilians. But I just let it go because there was lots of other stuff too in my quiet moments away from the house.

I realized that the reason Reptoids only kill for a living is that they don't have opposable thumbs or regular hands, and so in my mind I asked them whether they'd like to do a deal with humans for genetic engineering to change their DNA so they have hands and not just claws. And they liked that idea, so we put it up on the shelf to think about.

Then today when Reptoid thoughts came to me I reminded them that our leadership on the surface is run by Reptilians who trick and deceive us into polluting and killing off our people with diseases and famine and I asked them what they were going to do when all the people were gone and there was no atmosphere at all anymore.

And they exploded in rage. I didn't think too much about it becuase their anger is their problem but then I began to notice that I am shaking. My hands are shaking and I have butterflies in my stomach. This is silly I have nothing to worry about, why am I shaking?

There's going to be a war and the Reptoids are coming up to the surface to take on the Tilians and their human clones here. If you ever heard what the Alpha Draconis are like maybe you understand why I started to shake.

Most the 'Tilians are in the Middle East and the 'Toids are going to confront the ruining of this planet so they have nowhere to live. Soon. Now remember, Toids are 3rd Density like us and the 'Tilians are 5th density so it's not an even fight. And the 'Toids are well armed, but the 'Tilians are psychic.

To be continued. I don't know where you want to put this prediction.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm kind of partial to calling it, "I AM....." and that way all personal claims about anything could be shuffled there.

I AM...an abductee...

I AM...a Bigfoot who can type...

I AM...A lesbian trapped in a mans body. (I love women)

I AM...The supreme being and you're not. Neener neener....

I AM...(Fill in the blank)

All personal claims could be held in a single forum with it's own special rules. What those rules would be is up to the staff. I'm not even going to try and suggest anything on that note.

Just my thoughts,

wupy

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Here's where you come in:

What topics do you think we should add to this list?

What do you think the name of the new forum should be?

What level of "vetting" should we require for these to be moved to a conspiracy forum, while being respectful of the poster's privacy?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Springer...

1. All topics that deal with a person being of some special stature (insiders, werewolfs, vampires, indigo children, alien, abductee). I think it is obvious what topics the children start.

2. In my house we have a "junkdrawer" where all sorts of stuff can be found (screwdriver, cards, corkscrew, batteries, parmesan cheese packets from Domino's). Call it "Junkdrawer". LOL. Call it the "unconfirmed claims forum" or something.

3. if you want to do any vetting, make it super mods and above that are "cleared" and entrusted with privacy.

i didn't read any other comments. this is one businessman to another.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
One more thing. I think it would be prudent to disallow listing on the recent posts link. i know, i know...many feel that is almost like censoring. but i really, really hate having to wade through the indigo child posts. i have posted less and less here over recent weeks because of just that.

Further, a rule of this forum should be 'no flaming". if you have proof to debunk, present it.

but no one wants to see 13 pages of name calling.

you will likely find that you improve the quality of material in that forum with some heavy, up front moderation. You might also see some of the children wander off to another forum (that is a good way to "prank" Bad Astronomy, no?)

[edit on 13-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I revise my vote to one:

Confession and Disclosure

It lacks jazz perhaps, but it's neutral and obvious enough that someone wanting to come clean will easily locate it and won't be turned off by the forum name...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

An absolute perfect example of what should be in this new forum!

We certanly do need this forum for exactly the kind of post as outlined above. And the sooner the better!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join