It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC's Staggering Arrest Rate for Pot Achieved By Police Deception and Scams

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Busting pot smokers is easy for the police: they don't fight back and it's a mostly victimless crime with great oppertunities for the arresting officer to gain promotion due to bailing up many people and 'cracking down on the madness causing reefer'. Sigh...

Independent research has shown that a virus carried by cats can cause much higher risk of Schizophrenia. it has been commonly said the marijuana causes it... various papers on the fact have either proved or disproved this statement, most of the disproves are non govt/medical company sponsored.... go figure.

(One of many articles here)
members.forbes.com...

Some more info on usual marijuana myths can be found here:

www.norml.org.nz...

Myths on linked page:
"# Marijuana causes brain damage

# Marijuana damages the reproductive system

# Marijuana is a "gateway" drug-it leads to hard drugs

# Marijuana suppresses the immune system

# Marijuana is much more dangerous than tobacco

# Legal marijuana would cause carnage on the highways

# Marijuana "flattens" human brainwaves

# Marijuana is more potent today than in the past

# Marijuana impairs short-term memory

# Marijuana lingers in the body like DDT

# There are over a thousand chemicals in marijuana smoke

# No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose"

edit:

Originally posted by budski
It's the nature of the beast though.

People who deal in this "drug" are easily identified, and people coming out of their houses having "scored" are easily scared or conned into giving up their rights.

It stinks - but until the powers that be stop using target based performance then it will continue.

Keywords here:

"I'm sorry officer, I know you're just trying to do your job but I do NOT consent to a search, I wish for my personal privacy to be respected and not violated."

Lock your car when you get out of it at a traffic stop as they'll commonly drag you off to the side and talk to you while other officers have a good squiz through it if open...

Plead not guilty, tie up the system with hundreds of pot arrests awaiting trial etc and they'll get the message....

[edit on 10-5-2008 by GhostR1der]

apc

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think that may be what it takes to put a stop to these crimes at the local level at least. Alcohol prohibition was defeated because juries would refuse to convict. If the hundreds of thousands of innocent drug offenders took their cases to trial, the juries have the power to set them free. Jury nullification is the final check and balance on the legislator. So any time someone who understands what it means to live free receives a jury duty notice, try to get on it. As it is right now a jury is merely made up of twelve people not smart enough to get out of it. It only takes one peer of reason to cause a mistrial. Then the prosecutor has to decide if they want to try again. How much time and money is the court going to waste before they realize their efforts are futile?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Originally posted by apc

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Reality is challenging enough without complicating it with self-inflicted misery.

Reality, like misery, is subjective.

Both reality and misery are invented.

Just ask any lawyer.

Ask any judge.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How much does it cost in money .after a drug bust of a frews grams less than a 1%4 of a ounce, not the drug but the legal fees ,tax fee ,rehab fees ,going to rehab, gas is not cheap, lawer fees ,ext ext.
$6000.00 was what it cost for an unemployed white man 20 years ago

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I think that may be what it takes to put a stop to these crimes at the local level at least. Alcohol prohibition was defeated because juries would refuse to convict. If the hundreds of thousands of innocent drug offenders took their cases to trial, the juries have the power to set them free. Jury nullification is the final check and balance on the legislator. So any time someone who understands what it means to live free receives a jury duty notice, try to get on it. As it is right now a jury is merely made up of twelve people not smart enough to get out of it. It only takes one peer of reason to cause a mistrial. Then the prosecutor has to decide if they want to try again. How much time and money is the court going to waste before they realize their efforts are futile?

Bless you for using the phrase "Jury Nullification"!
Star for you!

SO many people are unaware that frequently unavailed of 'silver bullet of freedom' is the oppressive masters WORST nightmare. All it takes is an informed jury. No 'conspiracy' is involved. The entire structure of the government, law, justice, executive, is POWERLESS to deny the validity of this tool. They can only brainwash and distract..., that's how wrong they are that their only tools are those of deceit and manipulation rather than education and fact.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It's all down to conditioning.

In the sixties, some of the conditioning was broken.

The rest of the conditioning needs to be as well.

But that'll probably take a few generations

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree budski.

I also feel it depends on what, when, and where you received your original "conditioning".

I readily agree that mine is a few klicks off the Autobahn.

My maternal great grandfather was the first to expand my personal definition of religion and medicine. He explained to me part of my heritage that extends past any Europeans being on the North American continent.

Of course some of other heritage is Celtic. Hence my occasional identity crisis and acculturation lapses.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join