It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dells, Lake Delton residents report UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Accounts of bright moving lights in the sky and even alien abduction have been reported from the Dells area, and UFO reports can be found on a Web site and in a new book.

The site, www.ufowisconsin.com/ lists reports of the sightings from across Wisconsin including in the Dells area and in other nearby towns such as Baraboo, Portage, Oxford, Lyndon Station. The Web site and the book, "UFO Wisconsin: A Progress Report" are the work of paranormal researcher Noah Voss of Sun Prairie.

Most reports are just of lights in the sky. Some lights in the sky are verified. Voss said one of the 100 reports in the book is of lights seen by both a private pilot and the pilots in a major airline. The pilots described the lights in different ways and thought it might be a search light, except it seemed to bounce around the plane and moved quickly closer than further away. That light showed up on radar and it wasn't any known aircraft, Voss said. The pilots spotted it southeast of Madison and watched it for some time, before it turned north. It could have continued into the Dells area.

www.wiscnews.com...

I must admit, this subject is not my area of expertise. Immediately, when I saw the words "book" and "website", I was thinking someone is trying to cash in on the UFO craze. I went to the website and looked around..I dont know... I guess out of all the reports I'm sure atleast one could be legitimate. What do you think?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've checked this UFO Wisconsin site out periodically and I have not noticed anything other than a handful of reports and very infrequent updates--MUFON has the same, so I'm not sure what hot spots this gentleman is referring to.

I do go camping about 40 miles north of Wisconsin Dells about 6 times a year and we make a habit out of watching the sky.

I can say we've seen unexplained lights on two occasions (definitely not satellites or planes), and ostensibly the ISS (captured in HD) on one occasion (ISS Video)--I don't know whether I would classify this as a hot spot.

There is a military base near by, about 58 miles NW from Wisconsin Dells.

Going up in two weeks, will have the HD camera (on tripod for all of those who cant stand those shaky videos) running, if I catch anything, I'll be sure to share.

delius

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I know Cambellsport/Dundee near FonDu Lac is a hot spot. I used to camp up there a lot of times at Long Lake. Can't remember a lot of UFO sightings as I was too busy being a kid and playing, swimming, and there were a lot of trees around. That and I was usally in bed by 9pm cuz I tired myself out during the day so much. I do remember I was at the first Benson's UFO Daze tho... that was fun. I even had a tee shirt that I had packed away in my closet, but when we moved I didn't grab that bag of stuff cuz it was a lot of my collectibles and things I loved, and I could only take the essentails with me. I was told I could come back and get it later, but once they had the house it was screw you guys... title is signed, etc. Everything in the house is ours.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here it is the Long Lake near Dundee, Wisconsin. July 20th 2002 massive Ufo sighting
7 minutes footage finally posted two weeks ago. This is a good one showing all those
lights appearing in formation and all the excitement of the witnesses shouting and
describing the mysterious lights.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join