It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorbachev: U.S. Could Start New Cold War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Gorbachev: U.S. Could Start New Cold War

www.telegraph.co.uk

Mikhail Gorbachev has accused the United States of mounting an imperialist conspiracy against Russia that could push the world into a new Cold War.
With Dmitry Medvedev due to be inaugurated today as Russian president, the Soviet Union's last leader said that the White House's claims of peaceful intentions towards its former superpower rival could no longer be trusted.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it looks like he may be correct...With all of the states meddling in Russia's affairs, the NATO events, and Bomb-Bomb Iran boy talking about "going after Russia" and "kicking Russia out of the G8 summit" it certainly does give the appearance that they're trying to egg on another cold war. Awesome. Way to go war-mongers!

"The problem is not with Russia," he said, speaking at a friend's château outside Paris.

"Russia does not have enemies and Putin is not going to start a war against the United States or any other country for that matter.

"Yet we see the United States approving a military budget and the defence secretary pledging to strengthen conventional forces because of the possibility of a war with China or Russia.

"I sometimes have a feeling that the United States is going to wage war against the entire world."

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Although I can't say I'd ever trust ex-KGB Putin, Gorby does have a very good point. But I don't think it'll be just the West vs. Commie East--I think this time it will end up being the World vs. Us, with America as the Bad Guy. We're ticking off so many people so fast it's hard to keep track anymore. And with a growing Police State, increasing poverty and rampant inflation, we're starting to look more and more like the old Soviet Union every day. Ironically they at least still had their domestic manufacturing base, and government controlled corporations instead of the other way around.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry DimensionalDetective I beat you to it here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join