It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton lends herself $6.4M as Obama's lead grows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Clinton lends herself $6.4M as Obama's lead grows

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - A campaign aide says Hillary Rodham Clinton lent herself $6.4 million in the past month.

Politically wounded and financially strapped, Clinton plunged back into the presidential campaign Wednesday even as Barack Obama declared that Tuesday's primary results left him with a "clear path to victory."

Obama beat Clinton soundly in North Carolina and fell just short in an Indiana cliffhanger, a rebound for the Illinois senator that presented Clinton with fast-dwindling chances to deny him the Democratic presidential nomination.

The loan more than doubles Clinton's personal investment in her bid for the Democratic nomination. She gave her campaign $5 million earlier this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Are we going to have to shoot her with a silver bullet, drive a wooden stake into her heart, chop her head off and stuff her mouth with garlic and sprinkle the remains with holy water before she gets the hint and drops out?

news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

LOL! LOL!

grover, funniest thing I've seen on ATS in a long while....even funnier than the thread started that purports there is liquid water on the Moon!

WW

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Are we going to have to shoot her with a silver bullet, drive a wooden stake into her heart, chop her head off and stuff her mouth with garlic and sprinkle the remains with holy water before she gets the hint and drops out?

news.yahoo.com

Dammit that was funny as hell.

Seeing that done to Hilary Rodham would make my life time.

Pound to a penny bet that she tries to cut a cash and diamonds deal with the devil though.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What a shame, when money is so embedded into the political careers of this elite people.

Now a days unless you are wealthy you stand no chance to the white house, this take away the say so that anybody in America can be a president.

Yes if you are wealthy and have money to burn.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
She's acting like a chihuahua.

They make a lot of fuss and noise, but all they could ever do to you is nip at your heels.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HeadFirstForHalos

HFFH.....thanks for making me laugh out loud!!!!

A chi-Hooa-Hooa!!!! (that's what I call 'em).

Nasty little barking maniacs! LOL!!!!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What's really sad about Hillary Clinton is that honestly she does have some good ideas and by all accounts is a hard working senator but it is obvious that she is driven by, not a desire to do good for the country, though I am sure that there is some, but rather blind ambition. And, it is that blind ambition that drives her to drag this fight out to the bitter end, and bitter it shall be no matter who gets the nomination, and to run a very ugly campaign that alienates far more than it inspires.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What I want to know is.... does she charge herself interest on the loans she is lending herself?

And....if she defaults, does she pay someone to break her legs? (form an orderly queue)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You would think that the mere fact that she has to loan her campaign money (which essentially means contributions have dried up) to keep going... would be the obvious writing on the wall.... but nnnnoooooooooo!!! Ego rules.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hillary either knows something that everyone else , doesn't or she's as tenacious as a bulldog, and just won't let go of her presidential bid.

She has every right to continue if she chooses, but I think it will only serve to weaken the Democractic party in the end. It shows a lot of determination on her part, but delegate-wise Obama has the nomination cinched. How Obama will fare against McCain is still an unknown.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I kinda like the image of Hillary as a bull dog.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
What I want to know is.... does she charge herself interest on the loans she is lending herself?

And....if she defaults, does she pay someone to break her legs? (form an orderly queue)

She's a predatory lender on herself.

Get ready for foreclosure and bankruptcy.

We're really having a lot of fun with this.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My question is this .... (anyone know??)

If she is 'loaning' herself the money, does that mean that when she finally admits defeat then she'll get the money back from her campaign somehow?

how does it all work?

It's her money to spend and since I don't like her I don't mind her spending it all (it helps the economy).

(I can't help but let out an evil laugh at the thought of a Clinton going broke entirely due to her own ego problems)

bwahahahahahaaaaaa

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
What's really sad about Hillary Clinton is that honestly she does have some good ideas

It's comedy hour!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Your opinion, my opinion.

It should be obvious that I do not back her and am vehemently opposed to her nomination... that doesn't necessarily mean I am for Obama either but if I have to chose between these 2 I chose reluctantly, Obama.

All that being said... I have to say I respect her and some of her ideas (not all by a long shot), I just do not think it would be in the best interest for the party or the nation for her to get the nomination or the election.

Once more I enuciate my reasons:

(1) First and foremost... this bouncing back and forth between 2 family power bases simply has to stop here and now before it does irrepairable damage to our country... as it is we have had 20 years of Bush/Clinton/Bush... if she got it and was able to hold on for 8 years that would be 28 years of two family rule... what do the Bushes do then, run Jeb while Chelsie builds her political base... It does this country no good and severely threatens the republic.

(2) There is no candidate out there who will so divide the left and so unite the right as Hillary will. She will split the party and give the Republicans a rallying cry.

All that being said, she is an effective politician.

new topics

top topics

join