It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a USA/Haiti Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
With the current crisis in Haiti and the United States actions/inactions towards to the situation, some may question, exactly where does the USA stand regarding Haiti. In one hand we promote democracy in Haiti and in the other hand we seem to sabotage it. You be the judge.

read the following:

Haiti Regime Change: Caught between a Rock and a Bush

Aristide, the USA, and the Suffering of Haiti

The attempted character assination of Aristide

now read this
Aristide resigns from Priesthood

and this
Haiti's Wealthy pins hope on Bush

[Edited on 2-27-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It really surprises me that we're not doing much about the situation in haiti- we sent like what? 50 troops. Seems like Bush finally learned not to get in deeper sh*t then he already is in.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
It really surprises me that we're not doing much about the situation in haiti- we sent like what? 50 troops. Seems like Bush finally learned not to get in deeper sh*t then he already is in.

There's 50 marines there now, and more on the way. Their job is to protect the lives of the US Embasy and their families. Right now, since the UN seems to actually be actively doing something, a diplomatic solution is still a real possibility.

Our main problem right now are going to be the thousands of refugees. Thousands of people landing in the US (or any country) that have nothing except the clothes on their back is asking for trouble.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
actually Bush is considering sending more troops
read this:
Bush Weighs Sending 2,000 Marines off Haiti

and we have sent the refugees back into Port-au-Prince just as the anarchy begins to increase.
Coast Guard intercepts over 500 Haitians and Return them to Haiti

[Edited on 2-27-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
actually Bush is considering sending more troops
read this:
Bush Weighs Sending 2,000 Marines off Haiti

"WASHINGTON - President Bush on Friday is set to review possible military options to respond to the escalation of violence in Haiti, including one option that would send three Navy ships and 2,000 Marines to the Caribbean should an emergency evacuation be required, U.S. officials tell NBC News."

and we have sent the refugees back into Port-au-Prince just as the anarchy begins to increase.
Coast Guard intercepts over 500 Haitians and Return them to Haiti

It's a smart strategy. Cold, but smart. Once word gets out that you can flee to Nation X and you can stay, we're going to have alot more to worry about than 500 refugees.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
it's a smart and effective policy.....but would the same policy apply if it was Cuba and not Haiti that was facing crisis???

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What the hell i thought Haiti waz in Africa.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't know that it's a conspiracy. We don't like Aristide so we're doing nothing until the rebels kill me. But we also don't like the rebels so were going to rush in after they kill Aristide to hold more elections.

It's a smart strategy if you're into genocide and illegal assassignations doing your foreign policy for you. It's crappy other wise. Alot of people will die because of Bush's inaction.

It should have never gotten to this point in our own backyard. (No Haiti is not in Africa, you pass it on your Carribean cruise around Cuba.)

But you can't just say Bush was too busy to do anything. The fact is his lack of a position and inactivity IS a position and activity. He's letting them kill Aristide. It's coup by proxy, and Presidential approved.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0

tell me you are kidding......please

Haiti is in the Caribbean Sea, just a few hundred miles off the coast of Florida. go look at a map kid.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I don't know that it's a conspiracy. We don't like Aristide so we're doing nothing until the rebels kill me.

Crap.
Now THAT's a conspiracy. Who's going to start the Is Rant Aristide? thread?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
freudian slip there rant??? hmmmm

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
freudian slip there rant??? hmmmm

I've actually heard gossip about some fading celebrities going on-line and posting "unofficial fan sites" and stuff like that, but I'm surprised no political leaders do the same thing.

Well, in a sense some do. They have pointed blog efforts now by paid posters, and the same staff go on boards like AOL, etc. But I'm surprised no one has traced an IP address to say a politician before. I guess that would be hard to do. I'm sure people do it though, right?

I bet Clinton is on the net 20 hours a day when Hillary is in DC.
But he's not on politcal boards. But what about like Aristide or Castro. Why the hell not?

As for ATS it seems to me SOMEONE famous surfs here.... like Oliver Stone. Come on...he had to hit here once or twice. Or is an active member we all know and love (or hate)

Sorry I'm off topic.
The mind wanders when rebels crowd your door seeking your death.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What I wonder is when America will even think about doing anything about the situation in the Congo. If our leaders are so eager to help those in need...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh, for gods sake. Why we have anything to do with Haiti is beyond me. Its a third world #hole. While the rest of the Carribean has managed somehow to keep thier heads above water and sustain workable economies, Haiti has never been able to get with the program.

It pissed me off when Clinton sent troops there. For what? Jesus, let the stupid bastards fight it out on thier own, and up the border patrols to keep refugees out. For gods sake, Haiti is a dump because they havent pulled thier heads out of thier asses, and if we are involved with Haiti in shadowy ways, I #ing cant imagine why, and we need to go elsewhere.

Jesus. Why the # dont we let the UN pdick around with it like we should have done in Iraq? Screw them, if they wanna get involved in crap with countries that cant figure # out, let em. Stop deploying our troops in these godforsaken toilet countries!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bush is leaving it alone because it's common knowledge now that we've been propping up bad guys in that country for the last 100 years. Just like so many South American countries.

The American public has largely caught on to our [government's] habit of destroying democracies and propping up dictators in order to exact control over third world players.

An attempt to aid the rebels in overthrowing Aristide would be little more than an admission of guilt, just as would be protecting him.

"That's all I have to say about that" -F. Gump

Out here

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Oh, for gods sake. Why we have anything to do with Haiti is beyond me. Its a third world #hole. While the rest of the Carribean has managed somehow to keep thier heads above water and sustain workable economies, Haiti has never been able to get with the program.

It pissed me off when Clinton sent troops there. For what? Jesus, let the stupid bastards fight it out on thier own, and up the border patrols to keep refugees out. For gods sake, Haiti is a dump because they havent pulled thier heads out of thier asses, and if we are involved with Haiti in shadowy ways, I #ing cant imagine why, and we need to go elsewhere.

Jesus. Why the # dont we let the UN pdick around with it like we should have done in Iraq? Screw them, if they wanna get involved in crap with countries that cant figure # out, let em. Stop deploying our troops in these godforsaken toilet countries!

You scare me; and not in a good way.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0

You would do better not posting sometimes.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good, RABT, because if I am not scaring you in a bad way, I am not doing my job.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that if a country is populated by "black" citizens we seem less likely to help them? Millions die in Africa every year at the hands of brutal regimes (some we support) and now Haiti, when we in fact helped to establish the current leaders.

It just seems to me that we pick and choose who we help and seem to never help anyone who is considered black. Arab yes but they have oil...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
...if we are involved with Haiti in shadowy ways, I #ing cant imagine why...

What would happen if you tried to imagine why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join