It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MRO image of Phobos shows artifact!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hem.........................Anyone remember the stories about Phobos being a Grey base disguised as a moon?Maybe we are seeing an entrance?

Its funny that everyone is SO quick to attribute "natural"causes to anomolies,when quite likely we could be looking at "proof"of ET in OUR OWN solar system

Like Mike showed on those other photos of Mars moons, asteroids-there is alot of evidence shoing "something"might just be going on "up there"

Great find.............s and f.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I personally find objects like Ive got linked below alot more interesting that shiny bright spots with odd shadows, but I guess thats just me? Thats something I found from the same image I took from the link at the start of the thread.

"the location on the image"

"close up of the object"

"same object from HiRISE image"

I think stuff like this should be pointed out more often than just some odd

looking shadow that really show very little.

As for the object in question I have no idea. But to me atleast it looks very artificial indeed, but again that just my view I suppose. Feel free to shoot it down as a natural formation or what ever, I still find it very interesting.

[edit on 10/5/08 by Gonjo]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gonjo

I don't think those are anything special either, they look just like a group of the same thing that is casting the shadow, a probably harder part that resisted more to the destruction visible on all the surface of Phobos.

The false colours may also be part of the problem. This image is taken directly from the IMG file (PSP_007769_9010_RED5_1.IMG), I just adjusted the levels, with no data loss (confirmed 87 shades of grey before and after the adjustments).

This is the same but from image PSP_007769_9015_RED5_0.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitrobandit
This is quite cool look at 10368 and the same ground depression/crater is completely lit and the same object is there but other smaller ones appear littered around also. Looks like a bunch of huge white boulders...maybe ice?

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Cropped Photojournal tiff image converted to jpg no additional mods

I think ice is a likely explanation and would also be relatively low density and explain why not a larger crater.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

i wish they would have taken an infra-red shot. that might of given it more form. it would worth some more investigating for sure.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phineasJwhoopie

Wish granted.

All colour images from HiRISE are made with infrared, red and green+blue images, they are not even near true colour.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'd agree the artifact is most likely a natural formation, more resistant to the forces of the impactor than the surrounding material. The paradox lies in the theory that the artifatct is ice, to which it attributes its libedo.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Interesting to see what else is not shown in that photograph.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dane69

Never mind the chunk of ice (see the similar chunks at the upper portion of the ice field...what about the small guy waving from his balcony at the upper right!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If it's ice, you just found Mars' ocean. Happy now? :-D

*second line*

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I found this thread from a link on another one that has a video of Buzz Aldrin talking about a monolith on Mars' moon and how maybe the Universe or God put it there.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!! - LINK

I was a bit surprised that no-one else from that thread seems to have come here and looked at these pictures - or maybe they have and they just haven't commented.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have missed this one.
Great pictures, have only seen the black and white ones.

I give OP a flag for this one even if it is an old post.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hi
New here. I just made a passing reference to that bright spot on my Phobos page (didn't even notice it was in fact on both images)

www.cydoniahappens.com...

and then found you had all commented on it here. I'd like to simply add a note crediting whomever as the one who actually discovered it, so may I ask who that should be? Thanks. I'll have my own updated analysis posted tomorrow, but credits are important - I didn't dig into Phobos much when those earlier MRO pix came out.

Oh, it seems to be a structure kinda shaped like the Griffith park Observatory, with a dome on top that is the super bright thing - that isn't a shadow behind it, but another structure. I doubt it would cast a shadow in one direction and a glare in another.

R.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wow 58 flags, and only 3 pages in this 2 year old thread.

Interesting picture indeed.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join