It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to use your Federal Rebate Check (Joke)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
just to lighten up your minds.

As you may have heard, the Bush Administration said each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate check. Where will you spend that check?

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China . If we purchase any of the new LG products that are flooding the market, all the money will go to Korea .

If we spend that money

on gasoline it will all go to either the Arabs or the Communists in Venezuela . If we purchase a computer it will all go to India, if we purchase either fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, Chile and Guatemala, if we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of the rebate money will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America , so the only way to keep that money here at home is to buy beer and hire prostitutes, since those are almost the only businesses still left in the USA .

Something my husband E-mail me.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by marg6043]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You forgot guns! Lotsa good USA made weapons to be had out there!!!!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes good American made guns, but to get most of your money as new guns are quite expensive is better to get them second hand from a pawn shop.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
ERROR: Not everybody gets a check. Only those who filed taxes and had an income greater than three thousand dollars. Those of us who are really poor and earned less than three thousand dollars will get nothing.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Mine has already been spent..

I paid rent, and I had to buy a book for a continued education course.. soo .. ya, my checks gone. Oh, and a 12 pack of guinness. That's about it.

Screw it. Why rant about the IRS. See bellow.

#'ers

[edit on 5/6/2008 by Rockpuck]
OMG stupid computer!!!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ours is spent and we didn't even get it yet.
We got a surprise medical bill. YIKES!
It's all gone.

I had wanted to go on a small family vacation with it or something
.... oh well.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
ERROR: Not everybody gets a check. Only those who filed taxes and had an income greater than three thousand dollars. Those of us who are really poor and earned less than three thousand dollars will get nothing.

In that case, those are the people that really need the guns so they can indulge in that great American pastime called "Liquor store robbery"

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry to hear that FF..

Seriously though what did they expect us to do with a measily $600? .. OR in my case, $300. $300 won't pay for jack#

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think I might buy an used motorcycle if I can, that way it will keep giving me returns on the money in saving gasoline.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Guns. Still American made.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well my husband and I are not going to get any money because we have a nice bill with the IRS for the last 10 years but at least is almost over.

My son will be getting something.

Most of the people I know that will get their checks already had spend their money and more.

Now, I will be checking the big retailers as they are promising some discounts in their products during the time the checks will be out so I can save some money specially on food items.

At least starting next year the State will stop the taxing of the military retirement checks so my husband is very happy with that as we can not longer claim our children.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

That is what my son wants his money for, a down payment for a motorcycle.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
At least starting next year the State will stop the taxing of the military retirement checks so my husband is very happy with that as we can not longer claim our children.

I love that. Years ago, NY state was taxing FEDERAL pensions, but not STATE pensions! Someone took them to court and they had to pay back "X" amount of the taxes everyone paid in the past. Sure didn't cover how much they were soaked in the past.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Keep the money in America you say?

I was thinking about how to do the most 'good' with the paltry sum of money it is supposed to be in the face of rising Prices on fuel and goods.

I had been thinking about something like www.kiva.org......

I guess that spending it on a couple of six-packs of hand crafted Micro Brew and a few hours with a reasonably attractive prostitute would keep those Dollars at home. Or go all out in a truly American style, and just buy as much Bud Light and Crackhead Prostitutes as possible, and milk that money for all its worth...

I don't know, loaning the money out and making a return on it back to America sounds better than spending it on 'American' Goods and Services that are still 'connected' to foreign markets via their Drug Dealing Pimps (and foreign shareholders)...

I think I am going with something like Kiva, no offense to the Eliot Spitzer types...
To each their own...
DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Well, with all due respect, it's a TAX REBATE. Those who didn't pay taxes shouldn't get a rebate by definition.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Slight correction: It is not a rebate at all. It is taxable income from the governemnt and you will have to claim it on your 2008 taxes. For many people it will be the difference between recieving a refund or having to owe next year.

For all wondering, think of it as a "Happy April 15, 2009 suckers" from the IRS.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was hoping to do something fun with the money, like buy food. But instead I had to pay for tires and a tow. My tires were so bald that one finally let loose on the highway.
Got the check the day after.

Think of that the next time you vote not to help poor people, and you're driving down the highway.

reply to post by Ahabstar

It is taxable income from the governemnt and you will have to claim it on your 2008 taxes.

I don't think that's correct. I read somewhere on the IRS site that it was not taxable income.

[edit on 6/17/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Slight correction: It is not a rebate at all. It is taxable income from the governemnt and you will have to claim it on your 2008 taxes. For many people it will be the difference between recieving a refund or having to owe next year.

For all wondering, think of it as a "Happy April 15, 2009 suckers" from the IRS.

I received a paper from the IRS and it said it is not taxable income and that you don't have to show it on your next year taxes.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Interesting to point out that so far the stimulus checks that has been awarded, has not done anything to boost the economy as planned.

Now there are the exception, my younger brother used his stimulus check that he didn't have need for it to spend a week at the Disney World wth his wife and three young children.

At least he boosted the tourist industry in Florida as he came all the way from PR.

Some are lucky others are keeping that money for a raining day.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join