It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

humans made to live to age 120

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
humans were made to live up to age 120 then why the hell is the highest age only like 110??

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I believe the record was 122 in the 2000(not sure which year exactly) Guiness book of records, not sure if she's still alive. I believe as medical science advances, it will be common to see people age 120 and over.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i dont think i wanna get to that age

im 21 and im bored already

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The age is probably lowered because of the unhealthy life style people live today. The air is polluted, we eat food with numerous chemicals in them, and the o-zone is becoming depleted. The only thing we have going for us are the medical advances being made everyday.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I hope people never see 120 as a normal lifespan,there are far too many people on this planet already.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
humans were made to live up to age 120 then why the hell is the highest age only like 110??

How do can be sure that humans were made to live up to age 120? What is your proof?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I must agree with ashley. Besides, I'd rather not roam around for that length of time.

CookieMonster000, it saddens me that you decided to use that crap as your signature. That had to be one of the most disrespectful threads I've ever read on ATS and I'm thankful a mod immediately trashed it.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Quite interresting that the Bible said this thousands of years ago, long before science could confirm this. Around the time of the great flood, God limited the lifespan of Man to be 120 years, since we are such weak creatures.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
In the bible people are said to have lived until several hundred years old, so go figure.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have read a few things about people aging over 110 and sometimes over 120, but some of the claims of world records still being in the process of verification by Guiness. Personally, I wouldn't want to live into my early hundreds, eventually becoming decrepit and unable to take care of myself. Having many people that age older and older could create a terrible imbalance between birth and death.

dz

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've heard many stories about people over in China living long past 120.

I know this guy from school who's about 26. His brother is a photographer and does a lot of overseas work, and he tags along a lot of the time. He said they were doing a shoot over in a remote village in China and he saw this really, really old man with weird tattoo's all over his back. When he asked the local people what they all meant, they said that elder was one of a few people that knew how to extend their life and that the secret to their life and the formula was what was tattooed on his back. The reason it looked so weird is that it's written in a language that only that select group of people can read. He also said on the bottom of everything was the date that he would stop living, and that they had had several people like that in their village and they all died on that very date.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Damn it. God limited my life span because of a bunch of dumbasses @_@

I'd like to live to be hundreds of years old...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
something weird, in almost every topic i see regarding the lifespan of a human being longer or limited, by the second or third post there is a "i dont wanna live that long" and a "too many people".

If people lived to be that old , do u really think they would start reproducing so early ?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Being older would'nt be a problem if you had the body of a young person and for the overpopulation thing, I guess there would have to be a system where reproduction would only be encouraged once a certain number of people have died or if a new world is being colonized sometime in the future.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Look up info about living longer due to eating less calories every day. They belive now if you halve your calorie intake you can live 20 years or so longer. Pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
I hope people never see 120 as a normal lifespan,there are far too many people on this planet already.

If everyone started seeing a life span like that, then within 100-200 years, the earth would have heated up so much from the energy that was created by humans, etc.... That we would all burn up.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Papa Lazarru
In the bible people are said to have lived until several hundred years old, so go figure.

Read on some more and you will see where that is cut off.
Genesis 6:1-3
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughers were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

If your going to reference something, maybe you should reference the full thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
something weird, in almost every topic i see regarding the lifespan of a human being longer or limited, by the second or third post there is a "i dont wanna live that long" and a "too many people".

If people lived to be that old , do u really think they would start reproducing so early ?

regardless of how old I would live to be, I will still have started having sex early. There are a lot of unplanned babies in this world. My 2 year old daughter is one, but I still love her to death and she is the cutest! Just cause we would live longer doesn't mean we wouldn't know what sex was at an early age any more.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Thank god for all the plagues and stuff or we'd be overpopulated by now lol. But seriously, who wants to live to be 120...

top topics

join