It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before Sputnik?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have found this article:
www.roswellproof.com...
Do you think it's possible that U.S secretly launched a satellite 2 years before Sputnik?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Does anyone have any ideas?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's possible, I suppose. but why, with the Cold War going on and the general one up manship between the US and soviets at the time, I can't see any real reason for them to keep it on the downlow, unless it was merely a unautonomous (sp) hunk of metal sent into orbit, may for a test or calculations, before making a actual launch.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
with that thought process in mind, who's to say that Russia didn't launch something successful much earlier as well? We hear about new technologies that come out, but don't you agree that whatever new technologies (say faster computer chips and larger memory for example) come out, have actually been in gov hands for many years? I would think that most govs are like this. I could see Russia being way more advanced than they ever let on. I know a few biochemists who have some knowledge of what's going on in the US and in various other countries and they all seem to agree that Russia, in particular, is just as advanced as us in that field if not MORE advanced. What do I know, I'm just nobody, but some people I know are very credible. I tend to believe what they say. Anyhow, just more thoughts. I think the US and probably Russia had things in space before they've admitted them. I'm sure they even have things in our solar system that we have no idea about. They probably knew more about Mars ten years ago than what they are supposedly finding out currently...

JPT

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just like the knowledge of the Pearl Harbor attack more than a full year before it happened. The space "race" let the Russians appear to be "ahead" so large amounts of funds would be easily granted.
No bucks-no Buck Rodgers.
( Pearl Harbor happened to: 1.get of out of the Depression for good,2.to insure that Lindberg and the "peace"movement would not gather steam so 3. we would be at war and the economy would be on the move and the nation "fired" up.
Has everyone noticed that we have been on that same war footing since Dec.7,1941 and it has not let up? Remebmber: beware of the militay-industrial complex.
And more that has affected history since 1941.

join