It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long is a good life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We all have a chance of dying every day. Normally one would want to minimize the risk. The fear of death keeps many people alive. The fear of death, for some fades over time.

Maybe we all have some sort of a bad habit that might shorten our life.

How long do you want to live?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think a good life is defined by the quality of the life lived, not the duration.

That being said, I want to live a long, long time.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I believe we humans don't live LONG enough.

MANY of our daily problems come from worrying about doing things before growing old, education, career, realtionships, making a family etc etc etc. The constant stress of time against you, is too much for some people.

If we had more time, I think the world would be a more peaceful and calmer place. Plus we would have many wise people to look up to, those who have lived for so long.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Be your self as long as you cause no harm. No need to fit into society, but express love to what is important to you.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerialview

Be your self as long as you cause no harm. No need to fit into society, but express love to what is important to you.

What do you mean by this? and why the eye rolling?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Live long enough that you feel you can accomplish sufficient amount of tasks. If you believe in re-incarnation and are actively exploring spirituality, try to define some flaws or things you lack that you would like to over-come/accomplish. Nothing is impossible. If we have a goal.. as hard as it seems, and we are motivated to do it.. thats a good use "life" if you ask me.

In life we create and are handed certain situations, its up to us to make it as constructive as we can. If you feel that you're too old and weak to get anything important done anymore, then just die. I think this why people "die in their sleep".. They realise they need to move on, learn somewhere else.

I don't care if I live to be 30, as long as I accomplish as much as I can.

My oppinion. We must figure these things out on our own I think.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The eye rolling emotion-icon means thought to me. Not ridicule for anything said. I’m not a judge just an observer.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aerialview

I agree with subject x that it is not quantity but the quality of life that is important.

When I was born in 1947 my mom said I was very active. Started walking at the age of seven months. I haven't stopped being active and have done more that most people could do in ten lifetimes.

I meet people that have worked all their lives and never enjoyed life. That is very sad.

If you have a dream then go after it. Enjoy as much as you can.

I will add that death is not always our enemy. Along with enjoyment comes times of sadness and depression. At this time in my life I want to live much longer but I am getting tired. When death does visit it will be welcomed. Until then I remain wide open to all opportunities to discover the wonders of this world.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I was born in 1952. Most accounts say it was one to two months premature. (in 1952!!) I have a twin sister.

So far, the most of dreams i sought came true. Good or bad. I live day to day now not thinking much about the future because I have little control of it. Not much money or power. Know what I mean?

top topics

join