It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Convention Not Welcoming To Rep. Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

GOP Convention Not Welcoming To Rep. Ron Paul

www.opednews.com

The GOP likes to say it has a big tent, that many are welcome.

Well, this weekend at the District Republican Convention the tent seemed more like a pup tent. Ron Paul supporters were denied any speaking time. Two-thirds of the delegates voted to have no debate on the convention floor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
More shafting of the Ron Paul Campaign and his supporters by this fraudulent sham of an electoral system. What an absolute joke. And of course, not a word mentioned in the corrupt media. What else is new.

What is it that so scares Republicans about Ron Paul? Could it be that he has the courage to criticize Bush for adding more than $2 trillion to the deficit? Could it be that Ron Paul scares them because he actually votes against deficit spending, even when it comes from a Republican administration?

Add to the list, him saying he would do away with the IRS and various intel groups, and yes, I'd say he terrifies pretty much all TPTB that are holding this nation hostage in a stranglehold right now.

Perhaps it's a good thing they keep blacking him out, these people might "suicide" him if he actually was given a shot at the POTUS....

This whole system makes me sick to my stomach. Such a total circus act, and the nation is the poodles jumping through their hoops, going along for the carnival ride of more of the same old, same old.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It is hilarious, these shucksters talk a big game about it being a level playing field and how everyone is welcome.

Then when a superior candidate of greater intellect shows up, these goons all at once decide to take their ball and go home.

The repubelican party gets 0 respect in my book. They are cowards, the entire lot of them. Of course they refuse to debate him!!

How does the old saying go?.....Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and eliminate all doubt.

One day this country will adopt a FAIR political system where the most qualified candidate gets selected for nomination, not just the wealthiest and most corrupt.

Give em hell Dr. Paul!!!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Re: fair system one day...If Congress as a whole had enough balls to fulfill their obligations, the entire Bush administration , and most of their wacky ambassadors, friends, and family would have faced a firing squad for high treason before Sadaam got the rope. Since Congress, (as a whole), is a bunch of GOP straddling whores, I see no end to this corruption except if The Creator or Mother Nature herself stepped in.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The political party paradigm is nearly non-functional. They need the media to make sure the common folk in America never figure that out. If those decrying the conduct of our politicians get heard, they might be forced to 'address' it.

The only thing I can do is remind everyone I know that the media cannot be trusted any longer, in almost ANYTHING they say and or do.

It's a shame really. Now that I am convinced there is no write-in of candidates at the ballot box, I am becoming very depressed

(Anyone interested might want to help me hash this out at : No write-in at the ballot box )
.., but I expect no takers.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Maxmars]

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

imd12c4funn posted on 5/2/2008 at 11:09 AM
Re: fair system one day...If Congress as a whole had enough balls to fulfill their obligations, the entire Bush administration , and most of their wacky ambassadors, friends, and family would have faced a firing squad for high treason before Sadaam got the rope. Since Congress, (as a whole), is a bunch of GOP straddling whores, I see no end to this corruption except if The Creator or Mother Nature herself stepped in.

How about 'we the people' having enough balls to NOT vote for ANY Dem. or Rep.? (as long as one is available) -- as it stands, we're screwed no matter who we put in from this corrupt 2-party system that THEY put into place. If a non-D or R is not available, don't vote for the incumbant...

THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!!!

They are scared of RP because he is truly a Libertarian, not a Republican. He is not 'one of them' -- he 'infiltrated' them -- so they say 'screw him' -- and maybe he's more of a Lib./Rep. -- but that's the old Rep. Party... not this version, that has evolved (or de-volved) in the last 20-30 years. There is no difference anymore between these 2 parties being shoved down our throats.

Root for Liberty -- Root for Freedom -- Root for America

Wayne Allyn Root -- Libertarian

Don't let his initials scare you off... if you don't check him out, don't whine about the crappy choices you have left...

Here is a 20 min. video collage of Wayne on TV and other interviews...

Here is his ISSUES page.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I admit, he has an impressive set of operating principles. But I wonder if the would ever 'allow' him to make the necessary political gains in this country. After all, the 'two party' (actually one party) system controls nearly the entire electoral machinery, and the media makes sure it stays that way.

The Libs, have always been marginalized, I don't think the politico's would ever allow that to change.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I agree to a point, but that's why it is up to us... ALL OF US... to commit to any and every 3rd party candidate.

They can't fix all the elections... or maybe they can... but if ALL of us know we are cheated, then maybe we will ALL do something about it.

But continuing with these 2 jack-ass parties... we're screwed for sure... he and others can give us a chance. And believe me... I think Wayne knows the danger of this venture of his, as much as we do... but he's willing to put it on the line for U.S.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I wish Ron Paul was about 20 years younger. The 4 year gap between elections is going to add up quickly with him. He will be too old next time around. I wish there was a younger version of him that could rally support like RP has done with zero media coverage.

Maybe Jesse "The Brain" Ventura will be our next hope.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

DD has a dream...A vision if you will....

The people doing just that...Tired of all of this monopolistic strangleholding of the nation...The people rise up in the millions, and kick every greed-mongering special interest serving scum-bag out of capitol hill...Then WE THE PEOPLE, march straight into the OVAL office, with Ron Paul atop our shoulders, declaring him the next POTUS...

Hey, I can dream...lol

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

DD has a dream...A vision if you will....

The people doing just that...Tired of all of this monopolistic strangleholding of the nation...The people rise up in the millions, and kick every greed-mongering special interest serving scum-bag out of capitol hill...Then WE THE PEOPLE, march straight into the OVAL office, with Ron Paul atop our shoulders, declaring him the next POTUS...

Hey, I can dream...lol

After I read this, I sat back, closed my eyes, and took my imagination for the ride...., aaaah yes, it's a good dream.

top topics

join