It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chair of Joint Chiefs Says US "Vulnerable" in Presidential Transition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Chair of Joint Chiefs Says US "Vulnerable" in Presidential Transition

www.washingtonpost.com

The nation's top military officer warned yesterday that the transition to a new president will mark a "time of vulnerability" as the US fights two wars, and he said military leaders are already actively preparing for the changing of the guard.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Navy Adm. Michael G. Mullen, said the US political transition will be "extraordinarily challenging," particularly as the military is engaged in Iraq and Afghanistan and faces interference in both countries by Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Unsettling comments to say the least. Especially this subhead: "Transition to New President in Wartime Concerns the Military."

Since when does the military leader of the strongest nation on earth start to talk publicly about his fears of weakness during an election year? This is absolutely unprecedented and pure fear-mongering.

More propaganda to feed the media propaganda campaign stoking the "need" to attack Iran?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2008 by gottago]

CX

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Did anyone else who read this immediately think of past concerns raised here on ATS about Bush staying on as president, either due to a false flag leading to emergency measures being implimented or other unusual circumstances?

When i read the title of this thread, i was just waiting to see the article mentioning Bush staying in power as it would otherwise unsettle the military, and subsequently the WOT.

After everything else Bush has changed to suit his administration, i really would'nt be suprised if we see the next major incident in the US allowing him the oppurtunity to do the same.

CX.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I do agree the JCS's statements jive with that view, and about the opinion that we are gearing up for another push for an attack on Iraq, and they are the boogeyman who will destabilize us.

Amazing propaganda coming straight from the highest ranking officer of the US military.

top topics

join