It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should cus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok I was getting complained at about cusing from a close friend of mine and she's like "you don't have a good connection with "God""

Does it say in the bible what words to not say? And then called me fake and stuff. Which made me mad
does one have to stop cursing to be good?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes, it's in the New Testament.

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Rom 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Jam 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; [it is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Jam 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

Jam 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Jam 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet [water] and bitter?

Jam 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so [can] no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Jam 3:13 ¶ Who [is] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Jam 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

Jam 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, devilish.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
the words you use are meaningless except when the emotion is behind them that is normaly when those words are used...

maybe its more of a emotional response or how most r when these words are said rather then you just saying the words alone. see?

these words have different effects for people, an some arent pretty, in fact some come on as down right dirty, an cleanliness is next to godliness. or so its said.

i cuz worse then a sailor with a wretch on his foot, but who an how i use those words are based apon who my audience is. just tuck that behind your ear for future thought.

but I honestly doubt god gives a rats end about what you say an cares about what you do and why.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
does one have to stop cursing to be good?

No. But knowing when it is appropriate and when it is not is a skill you should master.

Words are a form of expression, but beyond having their own explicit meaning, they also bring certain judgments from an audience. So to truly master language, you need to manage both a word's inherent meaning and its expected associated judgments. Only then will you be able to express yourself in the way you intend.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It can be really hard at first (especially for a guy doing construction or working at a factory)
If you feel like cussing sometimes you can say Oh, man! or something to replace the bad.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You're right in a sense loam. Most cussing is negative and it's a bad habit. You can cuss and have a good time as long as you're around others who appreciate those words, but respecting one who doesn't like that language is something to master and you'll be happy on both sides of the table. If you cuss in negative manner then you'll either make others negative or negativity will stick with you. Cussing in a positive manner and staying in a positive attitude will get you far in life.
But what the fudge do I know.

new topics

top topics

join