It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was light shining through cloud a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Was light shining through cloud a UFO?

www.kentonline.co.uk

A bright light that changed shape before moving off at speed. That is what a group of friends saw in the sky above Kent recently.

And it was odd enough for them to believe it was a UFO.

Henry Smith and his friends were in Westbrook, Thanet, on Sunday when they saw the light at 8.45pm. "We stood in the garden for a while trying to come up with logical explanations of what it might have been," he said.

"We concluded it wasn’t a spotlight from the ground – which we initially thought it was – as it was shining through the cloud, not on to it. It wasn’t a plane or a helicopter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

This is a mockup picture of what they think they saw. I am unsure and it is a pity they did not get their own picture, however, it appears from their testimonies that it is definitely something peculiar.

Has anyone heard of something similar?

www.kentonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'd say it was something called a night-time superior mirage. They occur during an inversion when an area of cold air is beneath a warmer region. This causes light to refract downward toward the colder denser air, and gives the illusion that the object is looming far above its real position. The light could have been from the headlights of a car off in the distance that suddenly changed angles causing it to appear to speed off.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
My grandmother told me about seeing something very similar once. A light was shining through a cloud, somewhat like a spotlight hitting the ground. It was right outside her building, and the light was hitting the grass. Once the light disappeared the grass that it was hitting looked burnt. This happened in Russia over 10 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join