It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Experiment Said To Have Destabilize Earth Orbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

“Will the world end later this year? In mid-August, in a chamber deep underneath the Swiss-French border, physicists will switch on a machine that might produce the first man-made black holes. Normally only found in outer space, these high-gravity objects have a reputation for devouring all matter in their vicinity — and they only stop when the food runs out. Could the Earth's first black hole also end up being its last, after it sucks in the chamber, the physicists, and the entire planet?”

Yep I know Sorcha Faal. But she seems to have a point here.

I will leave if upto the experts of ATS to decide....

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Could you provide a link to the source of your quoted material?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
yeah i see no mention of orbit destabalization. just the usual "black holes are going to eat our planet" line.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by asen_y2k
Yep I know Sorcha Faal. But she seems to have a point here.

Sorcha Faal is not a she. Nor a he. It is a ficticious person. I'm kind of surprised those two sentences didnt just cancel each other out and drop off the page.

Edit:

Here ya go

[edit on 30-4-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Could you provide a link to the source of your quoted material?

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

I was surprised to find out that Sorcha Faal has no wiki. After all these years you's think there would be one.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am sooo sry I forgot to provide the link. Here it is

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I meant that in a different way Systemik. I meant it like yea yea Sorcha Fall, we know her/his reputation, etc etc, I did not mean that I know her personally but you are right thats how it sounded...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I was surprised to find out that Sorcha Faal has no wiki.

Thats funny , Sorcha Faal has no wiki

Other wise the, afore-mentioned micro singularity that CERN may or may not be able to create, will not have enugh mass ,by a very long way to be self sustaining, and will evaporate almost as soon as it is created.
When you look at the energy involved with the earth orbiting the sun and compare it to the energy involved with any CERN experiment, you will quickly see that there is almost nothing we could do to impact the earths orbit
I'm calling BS for reasons other that it coming from this so-called Sorcha Faal.
The CERN experiments are not going to create a black hole that gobbles up the earth.

For a black hole to be self sustaining it has to have a specific minimum mass to exist, about 1.5 times the mass of the sun. thats pne and a half time the sun.

new topics

top topics

join