It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half man, half chimp - should we beware the apeman's coming?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am sure the Nazi's already tried it. They tried to interbreed just about everything with humans, i think. Just a guess.

The thing is, what do we want ethics to be? Where should it fall, here? Do we find the idea of human/chimp hybrid to be disgusting because it is macabre, or because it truly IS wrong?

Many on this site believe in intelligent design, to some degree. I see the concept of humans being created by aliens being presented all the time around here. Honestly, what is the difference?

Many, many "Sitchinites" out there....is Ninhursag evil or somehow morally defunct for her ability to create a human?

I think we have quite a disparity between what we will accept about ourselves, and what we will allow ourselves to do. "We cannot play God" is too religious a statement for me to allow it to be considered as logic.

This is not to say that experimentation is "right", either. However, i am confused completely by the arguements against this. I would prefer to allow my mind to make a decision, instead of my gut.

Edit to add: if humans and chimps could be interbred, we likely would hvae seen it already. There are crazy's and pervs in every culture.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I am sure the Nazi's already tried it. They tried to interbreed just about everything with humans, i think. Just a guess.

I too am sure that the Nazis would have been trying this.

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexanEdit to add: if humans and chimps could be interbred, we likely would hvae seen it already. There are crazy's and pervs in every culture.

My guess is that if this is indeed possible, the whole experiment would probably need some sort of laboratory input.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

The laboratory would be the jungle.

There are stories of someone in Tibet breeding with a yeti. Go figure.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Surely would have happened already as human/chimp interaction is quite commonplace?

I can imagine terrible health implications...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As far as "playing god" goes, Unless one considers their god to be so unsophisticated that man is able to mimic him, I don't see how any human can "play god" we aren't gods nor can we "play god" we work with what we got, we don't "create" anything out of nothing, No human can ever "play god" I don't care how much the religious types try and spin it...

If man manipulates DNA and breeds a new species, Then so be it, If man is able to do it then, it's most certainly not "playing god" as stated above, If man ever gets to the point that he can do gods work perhaps you need to start reevaluating the pedestal you put your god on because at this point hes obviously become tin...

Perhaps this is the real fear here?

If man suddenly pulls a planet out of his ass and wills it to a random spot in the universe, Then we are getting into the "playing god" spectrum but until then I'm not seeing it...

Aside from that, Obviously we do have a moral ground, Though I see nothing wrong with breeding a new species, or manipulating DNA, I do have a big problem with any harm we inflict on it.

If we breed a living breathing life form we have a responsibility to protect that life as we would any other.

Originally posted by SE7EN
One thing that just botherd me is. This is how AIDS started humans mateing with chimps! Thats if I was told right? So if a chimp is fertalized with human sperm would the side effect of the donar organs be infected with the aids virus thus renduring them useless to say 90% of the humman population?

That's simply a theory that is unproven and unprovable, As far As the virus goes, Just like HIV it doesn't come from nowhere, One person has to have the virus in order to pass it along, and I'm quite sure they wont be using infected chimps to do this...

The virus which some chimps can carry is SIV, its similar to HIV, which is why that theory came to be.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by C0le]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
if you look at how many different breeds of dogs there are and how they can all inter breed , surely humans breeding with monkeys or pigs could be easily possible...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Uhhh guys... I don't know where your getting this "Nazi link" from but could you post some information or sources here?

To my knowledge the Nazis never tried to mate humans and chimpanzees, Dr. Mengele apparently showed pictures of chimpanzee offspring to Jewish women to psychologically frighten them and told them he injected women with Chimpanzee sperm, but of course it was just propaganda.

What use would this be to the Nazis anyway?
Remember, just because people like Mengele carried out sick experiments in the name of "science" with questionable ethics doesn't mean the Nazis were so deranged they would go as far as creating Human-Animal hybrids...

That would serve little purpose in their "Final Solution" as their aim was to exterminate Jews, not to turn them into a hybrid, sub-human race. There was no comprise to them.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cool!

Let's do it!

What i'd like to see is the humanzee virus that turns them into a horde of flesh eating zombies with human intelligence and chimpanzee agility. Try to outrun THAT in the apocalypse! Now how cool would that be? I'd love to see that version man's wicked creations devour mankind. Bring it on!

We're due for the end of the fourth world anyway, and that would just be an entertaining doomsday. I mean who (besides myself) would ever see that coming? Worry about global warming, nuclear war, supercalderas, pole shifts, nibiru, global thermonuclear exchange, bird flu, asteroid strikes and ice ages. I'm gonna laugh when the mutant monkeymen rip your brains out through your buttholes and crap in your empty skulls!

Way more fun than getting swallowed up by the CERN black hole or buried in some anonymous pile of rubble someanonymouswhere in a generic apocalypse.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i think it's all been done before.

plenty of times..

in labs you don't know about.

it's just being presented to the public for discussion purposes.. in order to prep you for it being an integral part of the society.

by the way.. ever seen this pic?

i have no idea what it is.

-

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I saw something like this on TV, and the Russians spent tons of time and money during WW2 to create a half ape/half man that they could reproduce to make super strong military units.

There was a scientist over there who actually found a woman willing, and he tried hundreds of times all different methods and couldn't do it.

I don't think it can be done, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Sick thing though, I don't know why anyone would want to do that. Whomever was born into that body would have a rough life from the start.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So thats how it happens...

You Blew it up! Damn you! damn you all to hell! you blew it up!

Oh wait... sorry sorry..

Anyone else discusted by this news?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Ok thats just disgusting...Im curious to know what that is...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
i think it's all been done before.

plenty of times..

in labs you don't know about.

it's just being presented to the public for discussion purposes.. in order to prep you for it being an integral part of the society.

by the way.. ever seen this pic?

i have no idea what it is.

-

Looks like a messed up chimp to me...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So if a chimp were to be inseminated with human sperm and offspring were the result, then the offspring would be a relative of the sperm donor.

There might be no ethical problem with creating a humanzee, as one ethicist noted, but there would be an ethical problem I believe with killing one's relative to provide an organ for a human.

You have to know that PETA would be all over this and indeed this might be the cause that mainstreams what is now just a bunch of weirdos who are prone to bizarre street theatre and vandalism.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
its only a matter of folding time and space...
well the ancients seem to be a lot more knowledgeable about us than we are...they predicted this #...
well all we can do is sit back and relax and enjoy...
My secret hope is that people will realize their true potentials...before they are dumbed down into the ultimate slave race..
the benefits of science should be used for good, but as many people already know, that morals don't apply to a lot of people with unlimited cash....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

That picture is incredibly disturbing. Surely someone MUST know the source and story behind that picture.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
One thing that just botherd me is. This is how AIDS started humans mateing with chimps!

Yes they think AIDS originated in our simian cousins, but not by interbreeding. In Africa they eat a lot of bush meat, and they assume that while butchering blood was exchanged and humans became infected. I read that this has probably been going on for a long time, but most of the time the infected humans lived in isolated villages and only infected a few other villagers.

With large cities popping up in Africa, and more travel, the disease hit a populated area and then went worldwide.

Keep in mind a chimp or gorilla is SEVERAL times stronger than a human, they aren't helpless, smaller human females or children, so human males could not easily rape them and expect to survive it (assuming the animal was alive).

Scientists do think that Chimps and Humans are close enough to interbreed. Those that say "no its not possible!" what are you basing that on? Knowledge or the simple fact that the idea seems so "wrong?"

The Russians tried to create a hybrid chimp/human soldier near a century ago. en.wikipedia.org...(biologist)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The pic has been taken down off Photobucket. Does anyone have another link they could post? Was it a pic of Oliver?

Reading about him, how he toured the world and then ended up being sold to a primate dealer that traffics in animals for research, and houses them in tiny cages is so very sad. How could people live with an animal like that for years, and then sell him off to suffer like that?

www.austinchronicle.com...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I seriously doubt the public would ever accept this because we don't eat monkeys. They might do this with some cloned animal hybrid that's never conscious though. I've heard of using pigs though.

Thats not quite corect. There are several societies where monkey is a normal part of their diet. Africa, Asia, South America.....

You are of course correct if by the expression "WE don't eat monkey" you mean western society.

I personally have no qualms about eating monkey....with some fava beans and a nice chianti.....

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
if you look at how many different breeds of dogs there are and how they can all inter breed , surely humans breeding with monkeys or pigs could be easily possible...

Well dogs are all at least the same species. Not so with humans & primates. I will believe it when I see it.

One thing to consider. If people are willing to treat their fellow humans inhumanely, and we have a long history to support that statement, what makes you think that we will somehow be more compassionte to these lab produced freaks?

If this ever happens ....get ready for the new slave class.

Slaves bred for organ harvesting....that would make a good SCi Fi movie.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Sparky63]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join