It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy integrated spellcheck within Safari Browser ( PC and Mac )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A heads up to those that do not know. Spell check is integrated into the Safari browser which has been a huge help for me here on the ATS network.

Integrating spellcheck into ATS is a bandwidth hog and would slow things down and I can see their resistance to offering the service.
Copying and pasting into another program can get to be tedious.

On the fly spellcheck with Safari has eliminated gross spelling errors and punctuation issues that I normally encounter and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for assistance.

I have provided a download link for your convenience. ( PC and Mac )

www.apple.com...

Peace

[edit on 29-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The new Beta Chrome Browser by Google also has spell check in it and is very fast.

For spelling integrity and speed, it appears to be very nice.

Link for Beta below:

www.google.com...

Peace

[edit on 8-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Firefox is similar if not the same. It underlines red of you have spelling incorrectly. Never had safari but used it. I think i prefer firefox because of the add on.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Huh? Don't all browsers have this? Dynamic spell-checking isn't exactly rocket-science. You mention punctuation errors, too, though. Does it check grammar? That's tougher.

Edit to add: Although, I must mention that I like the combination of Firefox + more recent Linux distros. The spell-checking is common between applications, so if there's an unusual word that you use, and you 'add' it to the dictionary in a word-processor, or text editor, or whatever, it will automatically be recognized in the browser, and all other applications. That's integrated.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"Huh?". I have never seen anything related to a spell or punctuation checker on Internet Explorer. I always had to go to dictionary.com to check all my spellings.
That and verify that I was using the word in the correct context and meaning.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Well that makes more sense -- and raises my opinions of people, actually! I'd been blaming the 'text-msg' generation effect for people not caring about spelling; it annoys me when reading posts sometimes. I'm actually glad to know it's not just laziness! I haven't use IE more than occasionally for several years, and certainly not for anything where I would be composing replies. I just sorta assumed that the new version of IE that they put in Vista or whatever would have added features. I checked; Firefox added dynamic spell-checking in Jan 2006, with version 2.0.

But (resisting the urge to slag on Microsoft further), I've heard a couple of good things about Safari. About the only things I've heard about Chrome so far are the fuss about the EULA, and the fact that it launches different tabs in separate processes.

What are people's unbiased/subjective opinions? Or little annoyances that have been noticed? Those are always the better indication of quality, in my opinion, rather than "A is better than B" sort of statements.

top topics

join