It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I reduce the amount of income tax I pay?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It is a little too late this year, but...

Anyone know any loopholes to at least REDUCE the amount of money I am forced to pay the federal mafia?

50% of all tax money goes to the military, the Iraq War and Black Budget operations. I AM AGAINST FUNDING THE IRAQ WAR AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF "NONLETHAL" WEAPONS TO BE USED AGAINST US! I AM AGAINST FUNDING THE NAU! I AM AGAINST FUNDING THE INSTALLATION OF SECURITY CAMERAS! I AM AGAINST FUNDING 1984! I AM AGAINST FUNDING BILDERBERG!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And, unfortunately, the Supreme Court is virtually DOMINATED by the feds, so tax resistance just DOESN'T WORK! And to top things off, Ron Paul is thrown out of the campaigns.

So how can I, LEGALLY, decrease the amount of money I pay to my "beloved country"?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You could start by making less money.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Excellent suggestion (sarcasm)!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe you can live the American dream and become one of the elite government prospects and get drafted to the " I make 2.1 million dollars a year and pay 200,000 in dues to your eternal skull & bones contribution.

Edit just to say that the 200,000 is what they show they earn

[edit on 4/28/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I apologize for the overused quote, but -
"In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes." ~ Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueEyedSoul
I apologize for the overused quote, but -
"In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes." ~ Benjamin Franklin

And nothing is more certain than the legality of the Income Tax.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Get yourself a new W-4 form from your employer(s) and claim a ridiculous amount of 'dependants' -- normally, most folks claim 0,1 or 2 -- the lower the number, the more you pay out of each check -- I know an older gentleman who claims something like 14 on his W-4 -- this way he doesn't pay anything in from paydays, but then owes at tax-time -- it is at that point that you decide whether to even pay them or not...

I've had my new one on my counter for 2 weeks now... this may prompt me to fill it out and turn it in...

I've been contemplating doing this -- I probably wont claim 14, but, as a single person, I think 5 should do it for me. It is the only way I see to pay less or none out of each check. Again... up to you whether or not you pay later...

**If we would all do this in America, then we could have some power over them with this illegal tax BS -- as it stands, they get their $$ and usually owe us at tax time -- if everyone owed them, they know they would not see it all**

[edit on 4/28/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Excellent suggestion (sarcasm)!

Funny..... but true

Don't know about your part of the world... over here the rich tend to be non dom's. That is non domiciles - clever people with the clever accountants.. people who can chose which part of the year they live in which part of the planet.

I'm gonna hazzard a guess you and me are not in that little bracket

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser

Get yourself a new W-4 form from your employer(s) and claim a ridiculous amount of 'dependants' -- normally, most folks claim 0,1 or 2 -- the lower the number, the more you pay out of each check -- I know an older gentleman who claims something like 14 on his W-4 -- this way he doesn't pay anything in from paydays, but then owes at tax-time -- it is at that point that you decide whether to even pay them or not...

I've had my new one on my counter for 2 weeks now... this may prompt me to fill it out and turn it in...

I've been contemplating doing this -- I probably wont claim 14, but, as a single person, I think 5 should do it for me. It is the only way I see to pay less or none out of each check. Again... up to you whether or not you pay later...

**If we would all do this in America, then we could have some power over them with this illegal tax BS -- as it stands, they get their $$ and usually owe us at tax time -- if everyone owed them, they know they would not see it all**

[edit on 4/28/2008 by RabbitChaser]

Yes, but...

Don't they automatically check the public records? Can't they press charges for underreporting or overreporting in your favor?

And don't they examine suspicious claims, like 14 dependants?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Incorporate your life and make everything you do, deductible. One of the distinct advantages of being selfemployed.

Or play like the big dogs do and keep all your assets in an off shore account.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yes, but...
Don't they automatically check the public records? Can't they press charges for underreporting or overreporting in your favor?
And don't they examine suspicious claims, like 14 dependants?

Possibly... unsure... also possibly... but this older guy is still walking around a free man. I assume as long as you file and pay (which he most likely does), then the IRS/Gov't doesn't give a crap... just as long as they eventually get *their* money. I imagine those issues you noted come into play if one does not file/pay...

... so, screw 'em, right? That's the point. And if EVERYONE did it, what are they gonna do... investigate us all and throw us all in jail?

Doing this will reduce/eliminate what one is forced to pay, which was the inquiry of the OP. It's then ones decision as to what to do before April 15 every year.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Start you own business - one the requires little or zero employees - just contractors etc. Then as one poster suggested intertwine your work with your life and every thing becomes a business related expense. If at the end of the year you are going to make money (profit) then reinvest that money into your business - you get a stronger business and you don't have to pay taxes - at least until you decide to take profits or sell your business.

Example - Buy a small apartment building that is a bit run down but not in a completely bad area. Buy yourself a nice work truck to service your apartments etc. If you begin to make money put the money into fixing up the apartments and make them better and then that allows you to attract better tenants and charge higher rents - eventually you will make money and have to pay taxes, but at least you can put them off until you decide to cash out or take a profit.

Many landlords use that method and then trade up to bigger units and the money is never taxed because it is rolled into the new units. Basically it allows you to take all that otherwise paid taxes and use that money to make more money - its a no brainer - give half your profit to Uncle Sam or reinvest it all so you show no profit and become worth more. If the units are out of the area - all your travel expenses etc. are used to lower your taxes.

That's all perfectly legal.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Become a senator or congressman. They can be off on their reported earnings for taxe purposes by 160%.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
learn to love a jell cell .prisaners dont pay taxes

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Anyone know any loopholes to at least REDUCE the amount of money I am forced to pay the federal mafia?

How to make a million dollars and not pay taxes - courtesy of Steve Martin.
"You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars. Now.. you say, "Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You.. have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot!" How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"

Ok reality time. There are many ways to reduce your tax hit each year. Pension plans, itemized deductions etc but each person's taxes are different and it would be near impossible to give you any advice without seeing your tax return (no, I'm not asking to see it).

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Simiply refuse to pay them and when they come for you, ask to see the written law giving them the right to charge you taxes. They will not be able to show you the law cause there is none.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralT.
Simiply refuse to pay them and when they come for you, ask to see the written law giving them the right to charge you taxes. They will not be able to show you the law cause there is none.

then you can share a cell with Wesley Snipes. There is a law and so far I have yet to find someone who has won their case and not paid any taxes or gone to jail or some combination thereof

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thats is what happens when you do not look hard enough. There are alot of people who have won in court. I am trying to find the web page and video showing you how they did it. Of course we will all have people who will stand with the occupied government. But then you will have those of us who will stand against their occupation till the end. The game has become very "ILL" and alot of people are catching on to the "TRAITORS" in our occupied government. They are standing strong and learning what went wrong and how to fix the problems.

An attorney in good old Louisianna stopped paying his taxes 10 years ago and then beats the IRS in court.Attorney Tom Cryer, who hasn’t paid taxes in 10 years, thinks income tax “is a sham,” and argued in court that the current tax laws don’t apply to personal earnings, reports the Shreveport Times.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
He won his case regarding willfull failure to file. In other words, he proved he didn't intentionally not file. That doesn't mean he doesn't owe them back taxes and that case is, last I heard, still being tried.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join