It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decatur sighting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Found this on liveleak check it out

www.liveleak.com...

something is definitely going on!

AS-

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The landscape kinda reminded me of the lights over the house video but I could be reaching.

AS-

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sounds interesting...especially the part about a "pearl" object in the ambulance.

Decatur is very close to Redstone Arsenal.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by A SINCLAIR

Thanks for sharing this one: star and flag from me

I've found the original article from WSFA12

What was it last night around Decatur that had people talking?
Friday night and into today, our newsroom has been flooded with people inquiring about a strange sighting in the western sky.
What did people see?
What we do know is that an object was in the sky that night. What it was is the focus of tonight's WAFF 48 Investigators Report.
"I saw it coming thru the sky back that way and it".
Cody Terry was driving by the Aquadome Recreation Center Friday night in Decatur when he happened to look up in the sky and he notice something strange.
When it was coming through the sky, I really thought it was an airplane that lost control so I came to a complete stop on the road. When I got out and looked at it was no sound coming from it."
No sound, and he says it didn't appear to be an aircraft.
"It speed up to maybe two hundred miles per hour it went straight to the ground and disappeared."
Some people say they saw Med-Flight back here but some people say they saw something else.
Cody says he saw three military helicopters in the air and ambulance on the ground.
"We saw what was in the ambulance and to me it looked like what was a giant pearl and it was shiny. It put off kind of like a diamond type reflection on it"."
For now what ever was in the sky will remain a mystery.
WAFF 48 talked to the director of Med-Flight about an hour ago and he did confirm they had one helicopter in the area and no other helicopters were in the air around that time.
He also says one of his pilots saw a meteorite in the sky last night.

UFO sighting in Decatur - WSFA TV

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
REALLY COOL!!!

Now this story is unique and quite fascinating!

Notice at the end they mentioned a meteorite. Also the slapstick visual effects the news team was using was a pretty typical response of the mass media. Laughter, make sure you laugh at it otherwise your a WACKO!

Star and flag for you

[edit on 28-4-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi all...

I'm not sure who was first to start these threads but here's another one on the same subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too thought it was very interesting I hope the maker of this thread and the other or anyone else in the area will keep us posted on any information as it becomes available

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is a written account of a "Large Transparent V Shaped Flying Object (UFO)" from March 13th 2008 in Decatur as well.

This is not that same UFO but because it happened less than two months ago I figured it was pretty relevant.

As I focused on the object I could see that it was approximately 900 - 1500 feet above me and it was a very large V shaped object almost transparent. So

Full Article

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Flagged and Starred--Thanks for posting this!

Decatur is an eerie place: All manner of weird things go on there. It has a rep as being super haunted all over as well...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Now they load UFOs in an ambulance?
Redstone arsenal is nearby so it may have been a test of some sorts and the ambulance was probably not related. Unless the paramedics are picking up drugs that were dropped by a planes lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wow! This is a pretty crazy find, star and flag from me!

This is Decatur Illinois correct? We have our family reunion down there every year and it's a pretty remote town, not alot there. My grandparents are both from there and my grandmothers side of the family is pretty well established there.

I think it's funny how the guy in the video thinks it's "understandable" that if it's aliens from another planet that our government would want to hide that from us..
If he really felt that way about it, what the heck is he doing peeking inside the ambulance windows?

Also strange what he described, if it was a big egg shaped thing that would be an odd thing to have land, but the shape would be ideal for rough landings and overall strength by design.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
This is Decatur Illinois correct?

No, it's Decatur, Alabama.

[edit on 29/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This may be bigger then you first think. He describes it as "something like a pearl" and the millitary scooped it up. Perhaps the white orbs is advanced military technology?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Now this story is unique...

I thought so too...until I stumbled upon this:

Did a UFO land in Coogee a seaside Sydney suburb?

I have been investigating an account of a landing/entity encounter case at Coogee, a seaside Sydney suburb. According to the information so far available, the alleged incident occurred at about 4 am on February 29th this year. A man walking down a street, observed a flash of light. In that direction he saw a large spherical shaped object sitting on the street T intersection. He could see a little man in a window at the top of object. The witness became frightened, retreating behind a large electrical signal box. The being appeared to move a lever, a “shutter” came down over the window area, and the object took off at tremendous speed at about a 45 degree angle. The bitumen road surface appeared to have a white circle effect left behind and at least one nearby tree appeared to have been burnt. The witness reported noticing heat coming from the object. The duration of the incident was about 5 minutes. The road surface was repaired soon after by local council road maintenance crew as the road is a very busy route mainly during the day. I met the witness on March 19th. I first visited the site on the night of March 19th and have revisited the area on a number of occasions since then. I have samples of the burnt tree bark. I was also advised that soon after the incident a new electricity telegraph pole was placed at the intersection and repair work was undertaken on the electrical wiring connections. Further investigations will be undertaken to see if these matters are related to the February 29th event. The witness is a shy man of nervous disposition and seems unlikely to be the type that would make up a story of a UFO incident, and does not appear to have much knowledge of the UFO subject.

I was very struck by the similarity of the Coogee witness’s description and drawings to two overseas cases – Cussac, France (August 29, 1967) and Goffstown, New Hampshire, USA (November 2, 1973). The Goffstown NH 1973 encounter also occurred around 4 a.m. The Cussac France 1967 encounter – the beings “floated” into the top of theUFO.

What an odd coincidence...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah that fit in an ambulance. Please!! Know one even has pictures of anything.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
this sighting and especially the post by loam are very intriguing..

not heard of any similar sightings to loams reply and ive read one heck of a lot of literature on UFO's.

Keep up the good work, im going to delve a bit deeper into loams sighting reply.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I live in Huntsville, AL and work out on Redstone Arsenal. And I work out at the Arsenal's airport every week or so where the military helicopters fly out of. I'm going to do some asking around there with the people in the flight ops tower and see if they can tell me anything
It's a long shot if they would say anything about it, but might as well give it a try!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Intresting sighting also intresting post by loam.

This is from Liverpool UK in January 2008.
It was moving right to left.

It seems to have an opening at the top and either have two occupants sitting back to back or one occupant leaning forward on a larger chair that in profile is similar in shape.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
3-Foot-Diameter Sphere Retrieved By
Ambulance in Decatur, Alabama

In the link above it talks about how in 2005 Google Maps captured a pearl-like object in some satellite photos of Mangonia Park, Florida.

Here are the pictures, follow the link to the article to read about thevery intriguing connection.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

That is a ridiculous link you have there. Is this for real? It doesn't seem like the kid was lying. I wish that girl had just given the video to a good source and put it on the net. You know those kids were talking about it on the phone, and now the NSA has the tape. Starred and flagged...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I know, EarthFiles is not the most trustworthy place but those google maps images look pretty real to me. Someone recently posted a story about UFO's that was from EarthFiles where they used real atmospheric disturbances to say that they were trails of UFO's, so it's possible the google maps image is real, maybe not the rest of their story they have on there. But it does match up a bit with the news article posted here.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by InterestedObserver]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join