It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says Iraq Situation Makes U.S. Attack Unlikely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Iran Says Iraq Situation Makes U.S. Attack Unlikely

ww.rawstory.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran said on Sunday a "disastrous situation" facing the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan coupled with Washington's domestic issues made any U.S. attack on the Islamic Republic unlikely.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Uh...I wouldn't get too comfortable there chief...Perhaps in a SANE world you would be right, but these megalomaniacal madmen have proven time and again to throw rationality and forethought straight out the window when it comes to marching into their disastrous agendas...And they are doing everything to beat the war drums here---EVERYTHING in that region is "Iran's fault."

I agree with what they're saying, we are in no shape to start up yet another nightmare confrontation with all of the current debacles we've got going, but these people in charge don't operate from a point of sanity.

"We think it would be unlikely the Americans would take the decision to get themselves into a new fiasco, the consequences of which they themselves have acknowledged would be painful for the region and the world," spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said.

"We hope those who think better in America view the realities more closely and manage to correct such approaches," he told a news conference.

ww.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
At this point they would be probably need to carry out another false flag attack in order to gain support for such an attack. Even limited air strikes would still result in regional chaos, something the U.S. economy can not afford. (oil at $200 a barrel anyone??)

So I am starting to believe that the U.S. would have to engage in full scale military operations across the region, which means the institution of a draft. This would almost certainly require a domestic attack to rally the people.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm really confused by this Logic.

Who is to say that the powers that be could re-distribute their forces according to the priority of the time.

We could easily pull forces out of one place and re deploy them.

If I was in Iran right now, I would be planning my escape as something BIG is on the horizon...

NeoN HaZe

new topics

top topics

join