It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Word clock" in physics or biology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There is a device in audio technology called word clock. It basically keeps all digital audio devices in a network in sync, so no information can fall through the cracks and get lost. Here is the wicki entry:

A word clock or wordclock (sometimes sample clock, which can have a broader meaning) is a clock signal (not the actual device) used to synchronise other devices, such as digital audio tape machines and compact disc players, which interconnect via digital audio. S/PDIF, AES/EBU, ADAT, TDIF and other formats use a word clock. Various audio over Ethernet protocols use broadcast packets for the word clock. The device which maintains the word clock on a network is the master clock.

Now, I'm wondering if the equivalent of a "word clock" exists in physics or biology? An atom or molecule could be looked at as a "package of information". For it to interact and communicate without possibly losing information, something should be the master clock in the system.

Is there such a concept that I'm not aware of? It seems to me that biological and even quantum events need to be synced by something.

I'm looking forward to your replies.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Don't be shy posting ....

Not a one-liner.

new topics

join