It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Enthusiast Seeks Truth, Seat In Congress!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now THIS is something that we sorely need for disclosure. I'm sure the status quo ridicule and shafting will take place, but it would be nice to see a few people in the senate who would go after the truth for us...

most politicians yearning for office avoid banners proclaiming, "It's not about the lights in the sky, but about the lies on the ground."
Joseph Buchman, however, announced his candidacy for the 1st Congressional District of Utah under that banner, and his official announcement was book-ended by talk of the news media ignoring signs of extraterrestrial visits and the military's blockade of information about outer space visitors.
"I don't mind being seen as a wacko because to me, the world looks completely wacked," said Buchman, the Libertarian nominee for the seat of Republican Rep. Rob Bishop. Buchman wore a black tie covered in planets and stars and galaxies to the news conference at the National Press Club in Washington.
It may not be the most politically expedient place to launch a congressional bid for a Utahn, but the Park City resident pressed on. He called on Congress to revoke any secrecy oaths the government has forced on military personnel or private contractors so they can talk openly about what they have seen regarding extraterrestrial activity.
And he wants Congress to hold open hearings on the subject.

Full Story:
www.sltrib.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
sadly i just don't think anyone in office / running for office will ever have any chance of helping "disclosure" to happen.

but i'm sure hoping.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well as conservative as Salt Lake City is, it will be a telling sign if this guy actually gets elected. At least it will prove that the majority of the public, as the polls show, are way more open-minded on UFOS nowadays.

I have a feeling he'll be more likely to get shot down due to his political views then his belief in UFOS/Government cover-up of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
good point apexer,
look at what happened to ron paul. the guy speaks more sense than any politician i have ever listened to, and he's virtually invisible. so yeah, compounded by politics, the UFO phenom wouldn't have a chance; which again is too bad.

most the time i wish i was born 30 years earlier, but sometimes i wish a was born 100 in the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Unfortunately, if the secrecy around the UFO subject is really as "bad" as we all think it is, then one Congressman isn't going to be able to uncover anything. It's going to take something like the Disclosure Project (only run by someone who really wants disclosure, not making $$$) to force the issue with the Senate.

top topics

join