It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ezekiel Isn't Taking Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ezekiel isn't taking place or getting ready to take place based upon mainstream zionist christian interpretation(if you believe that interpretation).

The basic idea goes that Russia and the Islamic world will unite and launch a massive military attack against Israel called the Gog and Magog war. How or why this happens is not entirely clear, but in the end their utterly defeated. A massive force destroys them. What is this force? some say it's the hand of God and others say it's nuclear weapons.

They say the current conflict is bringing war near and point to the Russian/Iranian alliance as an example. But other nations are mentioned in that prophecy beyond these two. The nations are Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morroco, Sudan, Turkey and Central Asia at minimum.

Yet inspite of this the basic focus is on Russia and Iran, why is that?
Its very simple the other nations aren't doing anyting like war at the moment, so its hard to truly fit them into place. It doesn't change the fact that their spoken of and remain apart of the prophecy. If they don't move the prophecy will not be fulfilled.

Problem is as I said their not gearing up for such an offensive, there is zero evidence of such a reality. But this is also true of Russia and Iran. Neither country is preparing for a massive offensive against Israel. Instead a massive offensive is being prepared against Iran and they stand in a defensive position waiting for such and attack.

The truth is that not only is that not happening I can't see where it's realistic. The talk of Russian hostility to Israel on that level makes very little sense and Russia has no history of it whatsoever. I'm trying to figure out how non-Islamic Russia would be compelled to go so far as to elimnate the Israeli problem directly for the Muslim world. It makes very little sense in the real world that we live since Russia is just not a Muslim country, and probably benefits from the conflict herself. An explanation would be nice.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I deleted it because it didnt make any sense to me and I was half asleep when I wrote it...

OP are you talking about armegeddon the battle before Christs second coming or after the 1000 years at the battle of Gog and Magog???

sorry about all the edits... my bad...

[edit on 26-4-2008 by misswanderer31]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There is a reason why you cannot see the Gog and Magog war on the iminent horizon, and that reason is given in the book of revelation, which gives the timing of this war...

REVELATION 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The Gog and Magog war does not take place for at least 1000 years after Satan is bound in the bottomless pit, which takes place at the return of Christ, so you're going to be waiting a while.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've not heard it referred to as the "Ezekiel" war, rather a war described in the Revelation of John, but I do recognize the story and plot to a "T" :-P.

Anyways, Russia is the big wildcard of prophecy, biblical prophecy, because in the biblical days, the only thing close to a "Russia" was a tribal confederacy of nomadic horsemen known as the Sarmatians, Scythians, and Alans. By Medieval times they had consolidated into a single entity known as the Kievan Rus Empire, which was the forerunner to the Russian Empire, and the capitol was Kiev, Ukriane.

The reason they tie Gog and Magog to Russia and Central asia (Former Soviet Republics..) is because at least one of the two appears in the Old Testament as a son or relative of Japheth, eldest son of Noah, and mythological Patriarch to the White European Race. Japheth's sons were also named names like, Tubal and Meshech, which are the names of two evil princes in the 'end times', according to the Revelation of John. Have you noticed that people living in Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Chechnya/Dagestan look remarkably close to being Caucasian?

Sure, some are Caucasian .. some consider themselves not, but I'm referring to skin tone, facial structure, hair/eye color, hair structure, the physical features. Perhaps they do not all look Caucasian, but the definitely do not look "Arab", there is a notable difference between them, in this case Turkish citizens and Iraqi or Syrian citizens from Turkey's southern borders. To me, it looks as if Turks and Syrians/Iraqis are not genetic "brethren", but two different peoples from two different, further away starting points. For instance, the Turkish culture came from further East. Most think it was a combination of Central Asian peoples and the Mongols pushing them westward. Also, remember that the Mongols took over all of the Middle East, as well as West Asia, and bred into all of their peoples.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HThought
Ezekiel isn't taking place or getting ready to take place ...

They say the current conflict is bringing war near and point to the Russian/Iranian alliance as an example. But other nations are mentioned in that prophecy beyond these two. The nations are Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morroco, Sudan, Turkey and Central Asia at minimum.

It is not Iran... it is Persia, so therefore the Islamic republic of Iran will get ousted in some future timescape.
It is not Russia... it is A King of the North...

Next, if one looks at history there was a number of Persian empires
and once the Persians controlled all those other nations you've mentioned.
-> see; Achaemenid Empire...
en.wikpedia.org...:Achaemenid_Empire.jpg

-> see also Islamic Conquest of Persia
en.wikipedia.org...
the Mohammad expansion 622-632
the Patriarchal expansion 632-661
the Umayyod expansion 661-750

presently in the year 2008, there has elapsed 1,258 years since the end of the Islamic expansion of 750 CE ~
a time period that eerily echoes the 1,260 'days' found in the last Biblical book of Revelations...a period 1,260 days/years? that would be a period of stress-turmoil-troubles... coincidence??

Yet inspite of this the basic focus is on Russia and Iran, why is that?

because in the 20th century a lot of myth/tales were created by interpeting that Russia , especially when it was the USSR was the evil empire in the uttermost parts of the north...
but geography as we know it did not exist in 500BCE or in 100AD when
Daniel, Ezekiel, Revelation were recorded.
so Norway or Greenland and other peoples in the 'recesses of the north' were not counted

Russia is just not a Muslim country, and probably benefits from the conflict herself. An explanation would be nice.

i have no explaination...

but consider that the far flung Russian lands have a great portion of their peoples that are Muslim...And so Russia is member of the OIC Organization for Islamic Conference

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ezekiel isn't taking place or getting ready to take place...

...there is zero evidence of such a reality...

I have to disagree. There is much evidence of such a reality coming our way. Ezekiel prophesies the exact list of countries that form a coalition in the end times. 'Coincidentally,' all of these nations have formed a coalition exactly as Ezekiel prophesied with the exception of Turkey. They will be the last to switch over.

It is no stretch that they will join this Muslim union although they currently have a pending E.U. application. Being that 98-99% of Turkey's population is Muslim, they are being encouraged to withdraw their E.U. application and instead join the Union of Muslim nations. When this happens, the exact coalition Ezekiel prophesied will be in place.

For an in depth study and explanation on this prophecy and the countries involved, see: HERE, HERE, and HERE.

One of the most common arguments used to explain away the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy is to claim it was self-fulfilled. However, in this case, someone would need to explain to me why Muslims would give a hoot about fulfilling Judeo-Christian prophecies when they would have their own prophecies to fulfill before I even begin to accept such an explanation.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by misswanderer31
I deleted it because it didnt make any sense to me and I was half asleep when I wrote it...

OP are you talking about armegeddon the battle before Christs second coming or after the 1000 years at the battle of Gog and Magog???

sorry about all the edits... my bad...

[edit on 26-4-2008 by misswanderer31]

Well that's the thing, whenever this battle is taking place we'll never Know.

But what i'm refering to here is specifically ezekiel 38 and 39, there's no time label so it's based on speculation.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is clearly a subject close to peoples hearts, and I think it's good to debate these interpretations from time to time lest we become narrow minded thinking an interpretation is a prophecy.

The history of the ancient names is not totally clear to me here, but modern politics can be examined. My purpose is to examine this interpretation to see if it's happening and if it's possible.

First of all such an alignment is hardly set, it wasn't forming in the 90's and doesn't exist now. The current war is changing the geopolitics, but the outcome of this war will decide the future balance of power and world alignment.

It is not Iran... it is Persia, so therefore the Islamic republic of Iran will get ousted in some future timescape.
It is not Russia... it is A King of the North...

So your saying that southern Iran will overthrow the government an rename the country Persia, I doubt that will happen.

but consider that the far flung Russian lands have a great portion of their peoples that are Muslim...And so Russia is member of the OIC Organization for Islamic Conference

India and China have plenty of Muslims, but no one mentions them in this prophecy. Russia has observer status in the OIC and that's it.
www.oic-oci.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Ezekiel isn't taking place or getting ready to take place...

...there is zero evidence of such a reality...

I have to disagree. There is much evidence of such a reality coming our way. Ezekiel prophesies the exact list of countries that form a coalition in the end times. 'Coincidentally,' all of these nations have formed a coalition exactly as Ezekiel prophesied with the exception of Turkey. They will be the last to switch over.

It is no stretch that they will join this Muslim union although they currently have a pending E.U. application. Being that 98-99% of Turkey's population is Muslim, they are being encouraged to withdraw their E.U. application and instead join the Union of Muslim nations. When this happens, the exact coalition Ezekiel prophesied will be in place.

For an in depth study and explanation on this prophecy and the countries involved, see: HERE, HERE, and HERE.

One of the most common arguments used to explain away the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy is to claim it was self-fulfilled. However, in this case, someone would need to explain to me why Muslims would give a hoot about fulfilling Judeo-Christian prophecies when they would have their own prophecies to fulfill before I even begin to accept such an explanation.

Turkey is being encouraged to keeps its ties with Europe loose. Sarkozy proposed a Mediteranean Union.

The Turkey is Islamic and therefore will join them is not an incorrect interpretation, but can be exaggerated. It assumes that Muslims always have a united foreign policy. This is historically incorrect, the only time it has existed is when they've been united under a single empire.

Let's rewind history to the crusades. The Muslim kings of that time did not rush to untie and defeat the crusaders it's one of the reasons they stayed there so long. Instead they played politics. The Fatimids never stopped playing politics and they ended up being overthrown. Turkey has a complicated relationship with the west, and central asia seems to be in its own world. The idea that they will join some huge alliance and send out troops is hardly obvious, especially if Russia is not involved.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i'll try this link to wht is called the Bush Scroll,
a parchment looking scroll presented to Pres. Bush
on his recent sojourn to the middle east...by the
Jewish Sanhedrin.

www.powerofprophecy.com...

enlarge the image of the document, on the 2 line rider under the first paragraph... and you will find:
ESTEEMED MR. GEORGE W. BUSH, THE CHIEF PRINCE OF MESHECH AND TUBAL (ezekiel 38:1) LEADER OF THE WEST!

The modern reestablished Jewish Sanhedrin, in 2008, clearly identifies
the Anglo-American empire leader, USA President GW Bush as the chief prince of Magog.
So, Russia, China, Iran and all the other Islamic states are not Magog.

~~~~~~~~~~`

you ask what the old names mean...
the Biblical identification of Persia means that Persia, not the Iran that began in 1935, but the Persian lands along with most of Turkey, Iraq and Afghanistan will become an echo of a previous Persian empire
---having a character of an empire before Islam & Mohammad took over in the years 622-750 CE, and until this present time (prior to 1935)

A revived Persia, which conflicted with the Eastern Roman/Byzantine empire..and not a present version of an Islamic Republic called Iran.
is what is meant by 'Persia'.

the names of the lands in scripture are not loosely defined or tossed about verbage
and as such we must pay attention to the details...as the words/names/identities are clues as to the when the Biblical timeline/eventline will make phrophecy unfold.

Just like the assumption that Russia is the 'Magog' from the utter north,
in the latter years..... that linear logic seems to be obvious and evident,
so ow does the Jewish Sanhedrin point to the USA being Magog & GW Bush being the chief prince of meshech & tubal..
as the USA is half a world away past the western horizon- and not located in the recesses of the north.
i have a geographical answer, but that is for another time,
the north means one thing But the recesses of the north & the uttermost parts of the north describe something else entirely

[edit on 27-4-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
First off the scriptures place the war of Gog Magog at the end of the thousand year reign period doesn't matter what the false prophets say
last but not least Isreal and Judah are two seperate houses to this very day there ezek 37 tells you when the will be rejoined so who are you gonna believe Gods word or mans myths?

new topics

top topics

join